A - MOTORCYCLES
BE - CAR + TRAILER
C - LGV
C1- 7.5 TONNES
GH - ROAD ROLLERS AND TRACKED VEHICLES

I was wondering If all these should be on as I only
wanted LGV Category C and then to do C1 + E which
Is not on there. Should C1 + E be on or does that get
put on after passing LGV Category C :question: .

You get your C&E provisional when you have passed your C.

Just means it costs more & you get through 3 licences - car, provisional C, Full C provisional C&C, full C&E

Thanks for your reply ralliesport.
I just wanted to make sure I have
everything I need on the licence as
I have just booked my Theory Test
for Monday 22nd of November at
10:30am(should be awake by then :smiley: )

ralliesport:
You get your C&E provisional when you have passed your C.

Just means it costs more & you get through 3 licences - car, provisional C, Full C provisional C&C, full C&E

Updates are free now - when you pass your C test it will be added as a full C and C+E provisional for free, and when you pass C+E that will also be added free.

When I passed C+E I sent the paperwork off with a cheque for £18. They sent it back as I forgot to put one of the forms in. When I took it back in to DVLA (the advantage of living a coupkle of miles away!) they told me it was now free.

As others have said, the provisional C+E will be added when you get full C; you get the others automatically from your standard car license.

When I was arranging for my free assessment and getting hold of my medical etc, the school said when applying for provisionsal C, get PSV put on at the same time. Then, if you decide to go for that as well/instead you won’t have to pay again. Right now I have no intention of doing it, but I have the provisional anyway.

JayHoe:
if you decide to go for that as well/instead you won’t have to pay again.

You don’t have to pay at all! There is no charge for a provisional LGV or PCV licence, nor for the upgrade to full licence, nor the upgrade to C+E (or C1+E).

Mind you, there is a potential benefit if you are an agency driver, as you won’t have to send your licence away to have the extra entitlement added if you later decide to do the PCV test as well.

Are you sure Roy? I had to pay a fee to get the provisionsal C put on the licence - although tinking about it, Iwas also changing to a photo license from an old paper one.

JayHoe:
Are you sure Roy? I had to pay a fee to get the provisionsal C put on the licence - although tinking about it, Iwas also changing to a photo license from an old paper one.

Yeah, thats the reason they charged you Joe, but if you already have a photcard licence, and you add more entitlments, they are added free…
Click HERE for the new licence fee’s…

As you can see, Provisional to Full Lorry or Bus… is free

That would be it Andy! Cheers.

JayHoe:

Yes, I am 100% sure. You no longer have to pay even if the change involvves moving to a photocard licence. This is exacttly what I did just a few months ago - got provisional class C added to my existing (pre-photocard) car + bike licence. There was no fee to pay for this.

Adding the Provsional Class C was free,
Moving to a full Class C licence when I passed my test was free.

JayHoe:

i got my paper licence changed a few years ago and i sent the postal orders of with the licence.the new type card licence dully arrived.the next day so did a check from dvla saying that i did not need to pay to change my paper licence to a card/photo type one.so y did you have to pay if it’s only getting changed :question:

welcome to trucknet JayHoe

kitkat:
i got my paper licence changed a few years ago and i sent the postal orders of with the licence.the new type card licence dully arrived.the next day so did a check from dvla saying that i did not need to pay to change my paper licence to a card/photo type one.so y did you have to pay if it’s only getting changed :question:

Perhaps you were getting the address changed, or something like that? In that case it’s free, but if you’re just exchanging paper for plastic, the fee is £19.

Also, the fee for first provisional bus and lorry licenses was scrapped a year or so ago. You used to have to pay. Details here.

MrFlibble:

kitkat:

Perhaps you were getting the address changed, or something like that? In that case it’s free, but if you’re just exchanging paper for plastic, the fee is £19.

Also, the fee for first provisional bus and lorry licenses was scrapped a year or so ago. You used to have to pay. Details here.

now you come to mention it,yes your right i’d just moved house thanks for that :blush:

I had to pay to change to photo card licence but after that it was free. like others here sent cheque got it back