Protekdor Security Door Locks Scania

I have some going free plus postage (no door screws) if anyone is still interested?

They sell the nut and bolt ones that fasten to the door handle at aire de Mont St Michel on the a84 towards rennes.
I can open mine in around 10 seconds.

Been looking to buy Protekdor Security Door Locks for Scania series 4, does anyone have a set for sale, or can anyone point me in the direction to buy new?

The people who make them will sell you a set. Just google Protek and ring them. They’ll send them. Based in Warwick I think

Have already tried and they are no longer trading!!

Are you sure? Their website looks up to date, last post 14th July

viperguard.co.uk/

Didnt Lymm truckstop used to sell them? maybe worth asking, could have some old stock in the backroom? Ive always wanted them but found them too expensive for something that is not a universal fit on all trucks.

switchlogic:

viperguard.co.uk/

That link doesn’t say anything about Protek :open_mouth:
Looks like their door lock gadget is very similar though :sunglasses:

yeah Skids, did try to get lymm truck shop online but something wrong with it but try again later, thx mate

yeah Simon, that sight is Viper, but the phone number is always on message and they don,t call back. Just thought mabye someone out there had a set that they were’nt using and could sell to me?

Simon:

switchlogic:

viperguard.co.uk/

That link doesn’t say anything about Protek :open_mouth:
Looks like their door lock gadget is very similar though :sunglasses:

It’s Viper that I bought mine from. Maybe they have indeed gone belly up then. I think Protek is just a brand name of theirs

are they the locks that fit over the handle and keyhole on the outside?
can you put them on when you are inside or are they for when you get out? i only ask as i’ve got the ones that lock on the inside which are individually designed for each model of truck and are quite reasonable, think i paid about 25euro for mine and they are widely available

welshboyinspain:
are they the locks that fit over the handle and keyhole on the outside?
can you put them on when you are inside or are they for when you get out? i only ask as i’ve got the ones that lock on the inside which are individually designed for each model of truck and are quite reasonable, think i paid about 25euro for mine and they are widely available

They are for when your in or out. Just slide the lock across and get in. One tip though for anyone that buys them, hide the spare key on the outside of the truck somewhere. More than once I’ve got up and jumped out for a leg stretch and automatically shut door behind me only to realise the keys are still inside, although I did have the hidden key. Did it on a weighbridge once, got some funny looks going under truck to retrieve the key!

welshboyinspain:
i’ve got the ones that lock on the inside which are individually designed for each model of truck and are quite reasonable, think i paid about 25euro for mine and they are widely available

Any idea where you can get them as I’ve not seen them anywhere but heard a few boys talking about them?

Andy Rich:

welshboyinspain:
i’ve got the ones that lock on the inside which are individually designed for each model of truck and are quite reasonable, think i paid about 25euro for mine and they are widely available

Any idea where you can get them as I’ve not seen them anywhere but heard a few boys talking about them?

they sell them everywhere in spain as they are spanish made, i’ve seen them in castets as well

Im pretty sure Viper in Warick have gone under. Ive been ringing and ringing them for months and months about these lock guards, and never get a reply. I went through a security company who used to use them and they have informed me Protekdor are NOT making the lock guards anymore :frowning: Shame, as it was a pretty good product.

welshboyinspain:

Andy Rich:

welshboyinspain:

they sell them everywhere in spain as they are spanish made, i’ve seen them in castets as well

Cheers, I’ll have a look next time I’m down there :slight_smile:

Aire Villevaude (or something similar) on the anticlockwise A104 nr Paris. They had a full range a few weeks ago. Is there not an issue about getting out the cab quickly with these fitted?

grahamrfd:
Aire Villevaude (or something similar) on the anticlockwise A104 nr Paris. They had a full range a few weeks ago. Is there not an issue about getting out the cab quickly with these fitted?

Getting out ?
No, they fit over your outside door handles and prevent access to your door locks and locking mechanism from the outside. They don’t stop you from opening your doors from the inside as you normally would.

I mean the cheap ones that fasten inside the door. They look like a hook and nut thing that fastens inside the door frame and round the grab handle. to be honest Ive only seen them in the packet and not in use.