Project for the classic circuit?

So trawling the various web sites found these which are becoming retro classics…not quite a Big J or Atki, but gets some new blood in the game maybe■■? :slight_smile:

1994 model

Another from the same web site, £5000 with 300k on the clock ex government …god knows what they did with it :unamused:

Very low mileage 02 is 15 years old…bought my F10 in 2000, she was a 1983, everyone said it was to new…wish I had bought 2 :laughing:

F

Genuine…

Not May of these still about…for all sorts of reasons :unamused: :imp:

Bit of red and white could be a classic…

Left ■■■■■■.

steelboyf10:
Another from the same web site, £5000 with 300k on the clock ex government …god knows what they did with it :unamused:

It’s ex foreign office services fleet, I believe it was replaced with one of the last magnums registered here, I see the diplomatic plate has been removed.
It may not have done many miles but it used to go a long way; Ankara, Istanbul, Moscow and St. Petersburg are routine and I was told on excellent authority that it has been as far as Baku and Islamabad. If you ask where it went you won’t get far beyond stuff for embassies and other government missions. It will have been maintained regardless of cost and is probably better than new, and very rarely slept in, always double manned and hotels all the way unless somewhere where there are no hotels.

Interestingly they were very recently advertising for a driver. Now that advert would get the “I wouldn’t get out of bed” brigade frothing at the mouth. But I sure a very interesting job, if you can pass the security vetting required.

acd1202:

steelboyf10:

It’s ex foreign office services fleet, I believe it was replaced with one of the last magnums registered here, I see the diplomatic plate has been removed.
It may not have done many miles but it used to go a long way; Ankara, Istanbul, Moscow and St. Petersburg are routine and I was told on excellent authority that it has been as far as Baku and Islamabad. If you ask where it went you won’t get far beyond stuff for embassies and other government missions. It will have been maintained regardless of cost and is probably better than new, and very rarely slept in, always double manned and hotels all the way unless somewhere where there are no hotels.

Interestingly they were very recently advertising for a driver. Now that advert would get the “I wouldn’t get out of bed” brigade frothing at the mouth. But I sure a very interesting job, if you can pass the security vetting required.

Sounds like a dream job. Do you have a link?

Also- seems like a dream vehicle for preservation. In 10-20 years’ time, they will be as rare as hens’ teeth.

Back in the 1980’s I worked for a Bedford dealership that did work on some TM’s that belonged to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office from somewhere near Milton Keynes. These were unliveried, dark blue I think 6wheel boxvans and went all over east and west Europe delivering stuff to our embassies.