Posting

I belong to several forums (mainly Military) they all have at the bottom of the Homepage a section that says last 20 posts you click on it and are able to see who has posted and what subject they posted on,this saves trolling through all the threads to see who has updated a thread would this not be a good idea on here it would save you time by not having to click on each thread to find if it has been updated I do hope this makes sense. Brian J

is that the same as " view new posts" ?

the other way is to look at the colour of the Circle at the left hand side ( as long as you’re logged in) if it’s blue you’ve read it and it it’s red there’s posts you haven’t read. A star on any topic means you have posted in it

Yep and I have just found it ugh thumb up bum and mind in neutral :blush:

Brian J:
Yep and I have just found it ugh thumb up bum and mind in neutral :blush:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

play nicely Denis, you’re still ■■■■■■ that i told you you got stiffed by your fitter :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Considering that there is a ‘subsribed threads’ option in the UCP, there should really be a button somewhere on each thread that you can press to subscribe.

Manage subscriptions

Below is a list of forums and topics you are subscribed to. You will be notified of new posts in either. To unsubscribe mark the forum or topic and then press the Unwatch marked button.

You are not subscribed to any forums.

You are not subscribed to any topics.

:confused:

ETA: Ah, there is a button. Brian, if you scroll right down to the very bottom of the page, you’ll see a link with a checkbox called ‘subscribe topic’. Click on that and then you’ll receive in your UCP (user control panel) any new posts made by people on that topic. :slight_smile:

Rob K:
Considering that there is a ‘subsribed threads’ option in the UCP, there should really be a button somewhere on each thread that you can press to subscribe.

Manage subscriptions

Below is a list of forums and topics you are subscribed to. You will be notified of new posts in either. To unsubscribe mark the forum or topic and then press the Unwatch marked button.

ETA: Ah, there is a button. Brian, if you scroll right down to the very bottom of the page, you’ll see a link with a checkbox called ‘subscribe topic’. Click on that and then you’ll receive in your UCP (user control panel) any new posts made by people on that topic. :slight_smile:

I assume the quote isn’t from your control panel :confused:

I say this because in the “Manage subscriptions” section of my control panel is listed just about every thread I’ve posted in as well as those I’ve subscribed to without posting, I assumed threads you post in are automatically subscribed to.

tachograph:

Rob K:

Manage subscriptions

I say this because in the “Manage subscriptions” section of my control panel is listed just about every thread I’ve posted in as well as those I’ve subscribed to without posting, I assumed threads you post in are automatically subscribed to.

Only if you have ‘notify me upon replies by default’ activated : ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=post

And yes the quote is from my ucp.

I don’t as I don’t like the feature and always use ‘view new posts’ along the top instead.

Rob K:

tachograph:

Rob K:

Manage subscriptions

Only if you have ‘notify me upon replies by default’ activated : ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=post

I see, that makes sense now.

Thanks for the explanation :wink: