Posting

Why does it take about 30000 presses to put a post on this forum ? and no it’s not my computer,
It will post with one press on any other forum.

Serious question, you are pressing the Submit button and not Save or Preview instead?

Yeah I am pressing the submit button, posting was never a problem untill about too weeke ago.

altitude:
Why does it take about 30000 presses to put a post on this forum ? and no it’s not my computer,

Hi altitude, I’m not well known for being technicallylogical, but I’ve suffered the same problem…

I found that the left button on my mouse had become a bit dodgy, so I invested in a new mouse. SORTED :smiley: :sunglasses:

Does this mean that my old mouse had turned into a rat? :smiling_imp:

dieseldave:

altitude:

Hi altitude, I’m not well known for being technicallylogical, but I’ve suffered the same problem…

I found that the left button on my mouse had become a bit dodgy, so I invested in a new mouse. SORTED :smiley: :sunglasses:

Does this mean that my old mouse had turned into a rat? :smiling_imp:

Not just you, but my problem is the adserver that seems to have come with this site, again no problem on other forums

Hi dieseldave
I have just updated the whole lot is new ( last Monday ) Not because of the logging on problems… :laughing: :laughing: but my old one was getting a bit iffy, and the problem is still there. The post of mine you replied to took 19 clicks to post, thanks for your help it’s something worth remembering.

cheers

John.

Hi Wheel Nut
I think you have got it mate, it’s got to be something like that. Not up with these things so is it a problem we just have to learn to live with ?

cheers

John.

altitude:
Hi Wheel Nut
I think you have got it mate, it’s got to be something like that. Not up with these things so is it a problem we just have to learn to live with ?

cheers

John.

Everytime I put on a new post it comes up with something about Reed and adtech adtrack or summat

Wheel Nut:

altitude:
Hi Wheel Nut

cheers

John.

Everytime I put on a new post it comes up with something about Reed and adtech adtrack or summat

No I don’t get that mate, just can’t post without trying over and over again. Not the end of the world but it just hacks me off a bit
at times.

cheers

John.

I dont have any delays this end or warnings…
WheelNut
can you copy the warning, or let me know which programme is flashing it up.
Altitude
One possibility is your PC is running slow, try deleting your temporary internet files and see if that makes a difference
Another is that your ISP is routing to our server through some bad connections, (Virgin does that to me at times :frowning: ) when its running slow can you please run a tracecert to the server and post the results

Rikki-UK:
I dont have any delays this end or warnings…
WheelNut
can you copy the warning, or let me know which programme is flashing it up.

These are the 3 sites it is trying to connect to Ricki, the strange thing is I don’t get this from the other three phpBB forums I use regularly. There is nothing in my virus vault either.

Transferring data from c3.statcounter.com

Waiting for adserver.adtech.de

Transferring data from ehg-reed.hitbox.com

Hi Rikki
Don’t think it’s the pc it’s all new 6 day’s old, there’s nothing on it to slow it up, all i have on it at the moment is my emails and trucknet. Can you please tell me how to do a tracecert, sorry that’s a bit on the tech side for me :blush: I have only just mastered turning it on and off. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cheers

John.

altitude:
. Can you please tell me how to do a tracecert, sorry that’s a bit on the tech side for me :blush: I have only just mastered turning it on and off. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How to use Traceroute

Hopefully that will help.

Thanks Colingl i will give it a go.

cheers

John.

Just for info

I use a low end computer with little memory and on board graphics.

I get the same statcounter and adserver messages loading in the bottom of the screen. The “flash player” adverts can stall my PC. I know I should upgrade but maybe this site has too much going on behind the scenes and should cut back or redesign some area’s?

Other forums are not a problem.

As a point of interest and nothing more, I use a tiny ikkle netbook, which has so little memory and processing power it freezes and drops it’s connection on a regular basis. This site is slow to load, but no slower than any other, and I haven’t seen any of the stuff mentioned in this thread.

the only prob i have with this site is it takes a age to load unlike al the other sites i use

after i post it ask if i want to send a form or not but i think that has something do do with my lappy
as it is old & very slow ( ibook G4 ) when it reset itself goes back to 24/03/01

animal:
the only prob i have with this site is it takes a age to load unlike al the other sites i use

after i post it ask if i want to send a form or not but i think that has something do do with my lappy
as it is old & very slow ( ibook G4 ) when it reset itself goes back to 24/03/01

:laughing: I’m old and very slow, so I’d be most grateful if you’d reset me back to 24/03/01 please. :laughing: :grimacing: