Porkifer: TRUCKFEST QUESTION

You might know this one. I met the Dutch OD in the picture yesterday at the Truckfest. His name is Johan & hes a nice guy & loves that truck & has been to the States recently to the MACK factory HQ. He showed the picture of the truck to the boss of the place & was told that there was only one other in the world still working & that was in the States. But I told him I had seen one about five years ago in Spain. It was a show model pulling a 40. It was mettalic blue & cream. The thing about this truck is that it has a low integeral sleeper as you can see by the snap. The Spanish truck is owned by SAN JOSE of Irun… Have you seen it ? Maybe on your travels you can ask las Camionaros Espanol if they know whats happened to it…? I will let the snap do the talking. It was excellent @ P`Boro yesterday, I would upload more pics but its such a pain…( Make lots of money porky )

i83.photobucket.com/albums/j314/ … G_8792.jpg

Whose going to tell him those clogs are to put plants in..?( Only a joke Johan ,if youre listening…)

Just noticed that truck has got TRILEX wheels…!!! The Swiss were crazy about those things for years… when the nuts got slightly loose if you slammed your brakes on the hub would stop but the rim would keep turning & cut the air valve causing a rapid flat tyre. Pretty spectacular at night… Great big showers of sparks !!! You were lucky if you got away with one blow out in a real emegency. They used to have then on the trailers too !!! The hubs would need renewing too…

cant say ive seen it but ill watch out for it , i try to go irun the most coz its always less hassle than la jonquera , i know where there yard is in irun and if i remember right i can fuel up there , ill take a look next week
take it easy mate

Thanks Chris… Its not a biggy but I did see it & I am curios to see if they have it stored somewhere… Good trip.

Hi Harry was the one in Spain red and yellow.not into yank trucks but remember one that looked very much like the one in the picture about two years ago parked at the beach front in Bacalonia.It stood out so much cause it looked like mini artic with a 40 box

Itsons european; Thanks for that, but the one I saw was the other side by Irun. It was a San Jose rig with a 40` tilt. It was definitely the company toy. It was cream &blue met. Looked great but this was at least 6 years ago. The one in Barna could be another. the nice thing about them is the low integral cab. I share your thoughts on USA rigs they make great photos but an awfull drive. But I have only driven cabovers…

I think there are a few that have been restored over here.
pretty crazy from what I ahve heard 3 gear levers etc but really really tough trucks.
cheers
meggala
link to the pic here
www.abc.net.au/central/ stories/s1449365.htm

Ohmeggala It don`t have the integral sleeper pod…!! But great pic… :sunglasses:
PS.What do you carry on that trailer…?

not my truck so sorry not sure what is carried on the trailer.
cheers