Poll

I noiticed something strange:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55802&p=658141#p658141

I created a poll, you can’t choose up to 10 answers.

I wondered how it is that only 19% people are driving witch lights on during the night, as I can guess that everyone click this. I was expecting that if everyone drive on lights in snow and half of voters do so in rain, there will be 100% votes for night and 50% for rain… But it does not works like that. So maybe if you vote for X options, your “voting power” is splitted between your choices? that could be true, as when I voted this as first and I choosed ten answers, all answers I choosed had 10%. But now sum of all votes should be 100% and at this moment it’s well over 100…

So does anyone knows how the votes are count?

It does make a total of 102% but that may be because it only works in whole numbers and just rounds up or down to the nearest whole number.

1.8% would be 2%

1.3% would be 1%

etc etc

Ah, I see my mistake :slight_smile:

I sumed up numbers of VOTES, not percents :smiley:

orys:
Ah, I see my mistake :slight_smile:

I sumed up numbers of VOTES, not percents :smiley:

That is called - doing a ROG :laughing: - but I can get away with it as I have SENIOR MOMENTS written under my avatar picture :wink:

It’s a bit misleading how those percentages are worked out in my opinion, there are currently 131 votes but there’s no way of knowing how many people have cast those 131 votes.
It would be a better result if it showed how many people voted rather than how many votes were cast and if it showed the percentages of people who voted for a particular option rather than the percentage of total votes.

For instance if 20 people cast a total of 131 votes and all twenty of those people ticked “At night” then the result for “At night” should be 100% and not 15%.

This would give a far clearer indication of what people are doing and therefore a far more meaningful result.

tachograph:
It’s a bit misleading how those percentages are worked out in my opinion, there are currently 131 votes but there’s no way of knowing how many people have cast those 131 votes.
It would be a better result if it showed how many people voted rather than how many votes were cast and if it showed the percentages of people who voted for a particular option rather than the percentage of total votes.

For instance if 20 people cast a total of 131 votes and all twenty of those people ticked “At night” then the result for “At night” should be 100% and not 15%.

This would give a far clearer indication of what people are doing and therefore a far more meaningful result.

Yes, that was my thougt as well…

Well as this is in the “Feedback Forum” maybe the admin or someone can check to see if it’s possible to change the way poll results are calculated where multiple options can be voted for.

The current system is pretty meaningless imo.

By the way orys I like the video in your sig, they took a chance getting out of that car whilst it was moving and out of control :open_mouth:

tachograph:
Well as this is in the “Feedback Forum” maybe the admin or someone can check to see if it’s possible to change the way poll results are calculated where multiple options can be voted for.

I wouldn’t have a clue if it can be changed :blush: :blush: :blush:

I doubt it can, to be honest. It’s just a plug-in bit of code. :cry: