Political discussions...

No he wasn’t “falsely accused”, he’s a wrong 'un and everyone knows it, and it has been adequately proven to everyone’s satisfaction, seemingly apart from yourself. I cannot understand why you feel compelled to try to defend him given all the evidence, so I’m going to make this my last Boris-related comment.

im glad so i wont have to argue against the misinformation anymore

if you want to see double speak and hypocrisy look at rayner she has said she will back down if she is convicted of a criminal charge. everyone is saying how honest she is and well done… thing is she has to step down if she is convicted of a criminal charge. She blasts the conservatives for not publicly disclosing their financial affairs but refuses point blank to show her boss in private who could advise her as ex head of the cps.

starmer griped and moaned about the ppe scandal of mates of mates getting contracts when he wants to build houses when deshi the shadow cabinet for exports owns a building company no double standards there.

They are calling this a scandal, but if your MP was locked in a flat by ‘bad people’ and needed £5k to get back to his next constituency meeting it is quite a practical outlay.

the aid did what anyone would do im sure anyone here would of done the same thing to save a friend or loved one. Why should mark menzies pay out of pocket for a work related expense. If he had to apply for all the funds he is accused of using wrongly then that suggests there is some oversight control and obviously passed that.

To be honest its probably a labour editor trying to cover up and divert the attention from rayner

Being held captive by “bad people” in a flat sounds like a drug-related transaction gone wrong, not a legitimate “work related expense” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:laughing: Yes of course, that’s exactly what it is, a pro-labour conspiracy, it couldn’t possibly be another sleazy politician being caught out in their professional life by their dubious activities in their private life

Here’s a Tory-golden-oldie for you
Stephen Milligan - Wikipedia.

so whats his name getting held captive in southend by an extremist wasnt a nutter it was drug related ok…

what it sounds like to me is exactly that some extremist nutter(s) held him captive and they dont want to say that because of the woke police that will condemn them. if it was a drug or gamberlnig or any other debt why did it increase from 5 k to 6.5k?

did you read the article he steped down because he gave the scammer other peoples phone numbers however after it was known as a scam…

POLITICO has so far identified six men — four staffers, a political journalist and one senior Labour MP — who all received unsolicited WhatsApp messages from two suspicious mobile numbers between October 2023 and February this year.

so not just conservatives

Let me know if you can remember what’sisname’s actual name and I’ll look it up; until then I have no idea what you’re referring to

And your basis for that is? I feel that drug or gambling debt-related event would simply be far more likely than an extremist hostage-taking event, which if it involved an MP could be rapidly remedied by a quick 999 call to the Armed Response Unit, who are always mad keen to dust off their Glock’s and HK MP5’s. Also I am certain extremists would not limit themselves to a measly four figure sum, which wouldn’t even cover The Lads’s next jaunt for a spot of terror-training in Iran or similar

I am aware of what happened in the gay honeytrap scenario; but it was you who made today’s news event a “labour conspiracy” theory, and becasue of that nakedly biased approach, I felt bound to deliver up some Tory weirdos for your consideration.

David Amess i thought you had mentioned the story before but maybe it want you.

you only have to look at how they carry on in their own countries. but as there has been no suggestion that menzies was an addict…

I have no idea what drugs cost these days but 6.5k doesnt seem like much especially considering the interest on drug and gambling debts.

im getting bored of this assumption that i think the conservatives can do no wrong. my argument is when they do wrong they deal with it labour lies and cheats and says oh well it doesnt matter others do it.

It’s the impression you’ve given repeatedly, a totally biased: Conservatives good, Labour bad.

And as for the italicised section, I’ve seen no evidence of that, ever.

point in case wragg they sacked him then launched an investigation.

2009 brown administration mp expenses scandal no one sacked just a few words that he will do better

there is plenty of conservative bashing im just leveling the field because obviously if people don’t want to vote conservative then they wont want to vote labour

To balance this out Zac there’s more than one here who think that Liebour can do no wrong. I think it’s a given that the old adage of “power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely “ is pertinent here. My personal thoughts are that politicians enter the game as idealistic and genuinely want to be a force for good. But after time they either succumb to the lure of either money or power and become whores to whoever is pulling their strings. Scum, no matter what rosette they wear.

1 Like

@cooper1203 No, Wragg has not “been sacked”, he’s only “stood down” from his responsibilities, he has “voluntarily” given up the Conservative whip and is standing as an independent

@maoster I have no allegiance to any party, Starmer hasn’t convinced me his bunch would be any better than Sunak’s bunch, but we’ve had 13 years of Tory government and like most of the electorate, I just want a change. If there was another option which wouldn’t simply equate to a wasted vote, I’d give them a look in too, but there isn’t.

We’ve had a corrupt Tory mayor in Tees Valley, who is about to be unseated, and the current Home Secretary described the town I live in as… a word that the autocensor will not let pass, and just for good measure, Liz Truss has been having some press time, reminding us all of how insane the Tory party was to choose her over Sunak.

Cameron came to power because we needed Labour gone, now the boot is on the other foot and we need the Tories gone. I feel a bit sorry for Sunak, if they’d picked him over Truss I think they would be in a much better position. He’s probably the best of that bunch, but it won’t help him now.

so it was dealt with weather he “voluntarily” resigned or was pushed the fact he is acting as a independent is neither hear nor there Abbott is acting as an independent when labour could no longer make excuses for her and sweep it under the carpet and she made a comment that the leader found offensive. Which is more proof that they wont do anything unless it affects them. Just like they want to stamp out tax dodgers but back rayner. Hypocritical to the core.

Voting labour just to get the conservatives out is akin to disliking rice pudding but hating semolina but ordering it because you dislike rice pudding

we haven’t had 13 years of conservative rule we had 4 or 5 years of the conservatives being blocked by lib dems and 9 years of conservative rule.
1 year of cameron 2 years of may the labour stooge who spent her entire time in office trying to sell off the country 3 years of sense then 2 months of the bike from the east and 18 months of this clown thats almost a clone of may

You’ve missed the several points I was making:
First that is was entirely inaccurate for you to say Wragg had been sacked and the Tories were investing.

Second is that I did not say I hated either Labour or the Tories, so your milk pudding example is wholly invalid.

We have had 13 years of Tory Government, despite your own peculiar analysis, and Labour will (unless all the polls and pundits are massively wrong) be the next government, so it would probably to a wise idea to get used to it.

no you have missed mine your words about wragg was he he took " voluntary resignation" ito put it in plain english leave or we will sack you. but if you dont like that example try benton or bone both from the origonal link.

the milk pudding example is self explanatory weather you like hate or ambivalent there is no point voting in a worse party just because you dislike the conservatives.

2010 - 2015 was a coalition between cameron and clegg. Cameron wanted to call a referendum before but the lib dems blocked it. as soon as he was on his own he put it through. one example of the lib dems blocking cameron. 2015-2024 is 9 years in my book.

YOU might think Labour are a “worse” party, rignt now most people would disagree with that, as you will no doubt see later this year.

yet no one can show a single reason. they probably will get in an as i said before that will be the end of the country

Jeez…I’m with you on a lot of things mate, but ‘the end of the country’ is maybe a bit strong.
We survived Blair and that imbecile Brown last time, …ok they left us in a hell of a state , but we got through it.

I’ll top trump your end of the country and say with Putin, and if the ME situation escalates, it’ll be the end of the world.

Got to go, more happiness to spread elsewhere. :joy:

Btw with my reference to Blair & Brown, cue the inevitable counter balance lists. from the usual suspect (s) telling us how bad the Tories were in comparison. :roll_eyes:

Newsflash…We already know. :roll_eyes: