Political discussions...

Those seem like fair figures to me.

I daresay that @robroy and @maoster won’t believe them though, because they come from “official sources”. I guess they will not be taking part in any discussion with dodgy figures.

Quote: According to the UK prison officers’ union in 2013, some Muslim prisoners in the UK had allegedly forcibly converted fellow inmates to Islam in prisons.[14] There have been multiple cases of non-muslim prisoners threatened with violence[15] with “convert or get hurt” being a commonly used phrase by Muslim gangs according to an independent report published by the government.[16] In category A and B prisons, former inmates have publicly spoken out on the rise of Islamism with the “balance of power” in reputational violence now shifted towards Muslim gangs.[17] Other reasons why inmates may convert include wanting protection in wings where Muslim gangs are prevalent, the ability to go to chapel, and access to different foods. Around 1 in 5 Muslim prisoners in the UK are now white.[18]

The figures do not show Muslims are more likely to commit crimes, but many convicts do convert to Islam whilst in prison, for differing reasons.