Points on license?

this might be a daft question but i currently have 6 points showing on my license which will be 4 years old come august and october this year so i can get them cleared off, question is, the points count for 3 years but stay on your license for 4 so does an employer or agency look at points that are older than 3 years and discount them or take them as read i.e you’ve got 6 points and this job is a max of 3 or whatever so we can’t employ you?

They shouldn’t do, because they are “spent”. The only reason they stay on your licence for the extra year is to prevent a driver from repeatedly obtaining adjournments in a pending prosecution as he approaches the end of the three year period in the hope that he can get an endorsement off of his licence by the time it goes to court.

ITRW however, I don’t know whether emplyers see it like that.

Points expire after 3 years, can’t remove them til the 4th year and insurance companies ask whats convictions you have had in the last 5 years :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bubsy06:
Points expire after 3 years, can’t remove them til the 4th year and insurance companies ask whats convictions you have had in the last 5 years :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

my mate has 10 points on his car licence and he wants 2b apply for his hgv was i right in telling him not 2 bother as his application would be refused as he is high risk?

eddster1979:

bubsy06:

my mate has 10 points on his car licence and he wants 2b apply for his hgv was i right in telling him not 2 bother as his application would be refused as he is high risk?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

its hard enough to try and get a job as a newbie … but a newbie with 10 points is wasting his time :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

i never send my licence to get points as you have to pay.

jessicas dad:

eddster1979:

bubsy06:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

its hard enough to try and get a job as a newbie … but a newbie with 10 points is wasting his time :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

do what I did when my 3 points expired last year after the 4 years, sent it back to the DVLA with a change of address from mine back to my parents , when it came back no points and no charge a sit was a change of address , then when it came back off it went again back to my proper address :slight_smile: can’t tell my parents are scottish :smiley: can you

jessicas dad:

eddster1979:

bubsy06:

we work for local authority driving highway maintainence vehicles and our firm will put him through test but i presumed dvla would refuse it

They might refuse it or he might get a chance to stand on the TC’s carpet and lick bum.

eddster1979:
but i presumed dvla would refuse it

I doubt they’d refuse it completely although I’d presume insurance would still be a problem even if they were employed.