Poa can be counted as a break?

POA is back :grimacing: :grimacing:

I really can not see why there is so much confusion over this subject :unamused:

Can anybody see the need for the RTD - apart from the 6 hour rule I cannot because it does not reduce the total possible shift times which are already governed by the rest rules

ROG:
Can anybody see the need for the RTD - apart from the 6 hour rule I cannot because it does not reduce the total possible shift times which are already governed by the rest rules

Well it does also mean a theoretical maximum working time of 60 hours a week and an average 48 hour week, it suits some people and not others.

The only problem that I have with POA is that on a digi tach it will reset your driving time as though it were a break. Then for the rest of the day you have to rely on your own records rather than the tachograph, as it will be lying to you. It will think you have started a new 4.5 while you will know that you haven’t.

Incidentally. Do these analysis companies realise this? Or will you still get an infringement if the tachograph thinks you have gone over your driving time?

E.G. You put it on POA for 2 hrs after 3.5 driving hours. You still have an hour left. So you drive for another 45 mins and take a 30 (you took a 15 earlier), then continue to drive for another 4hrs. The tachograph sees this as driving for 4.45 as it reset after the POA. ?

grumpybum:
The only problem that I have with POA is that on a digi tach it will reset your driving time as though it were a break. Then for the rest of the day you have to rely on your own records rather than the tachograph, as it will be lying to you. It will think you have started a new 4.5 while you will know that you haven’t.

Incidentally. Do these analysis companies realise this? Or will you still get an infringement if the tachograph thinks you have gone over your driving time?

E.G. You put it on POA for 2 hrs after 3.5 driving hours. You still have an hour left. So you drive for another 45 mins and take a 30 (you took a 15 earlier), then continue to drive for another 4hrs. The tachograph sees this as driving for 4.45 as it reset after the POA. ?

I have just posted somewhere (but do not know where :unamused: ) on this very subject. These tachos are really very, very basic and can give you misleading information. However, when it comes to the writing of data to your digital card, this will be correct as it will record the mode and the time you were on that mode for to your card. So when you come to downlaod your digi to the analysis company, only the data on the card will be submitted and not what may or may not be showing on the clock.

Beware of some tacho clocks…

ROG:

Cant see the need for POA either, just use break and end the confusion!

^^^^
Using too much break can screw you up though mate…

POA can be useful if you have to wait more than 45 minutes but don’t want to reset the driving time and still want to keep the working time to a minimum.

tachograph:
POA can be useful if you have to wait more than 45 minutes but don’t want to reset the driving time and still want to keep the working time to a minimum.

Could this be another POA advocate :grimacing: :grimacing:

greggy:
‘…And they wonder why we need the dcpc. Ffs…’

‘Need’ …as in an additional ■■■■■■?