PM Probs - over to you RIKKI

are you getting my private messages as i do not seem to get a reply ?

Yes, 26 years LGV trainer, I am but you do not seem to be getting my replies and no-one else that I’ve sent to is experiencing the same probs

Maybe the powers that be on here can give some insight as to why :question: :question:

ROG:

are you getting my private messages as i do not seem to get a reply ?

Yes, 26 years LGV trainer, I am but you do not seem to be getting my replies and no-one else that I’ve sent to is experiencing the same probs

Maybe they will arrive late as they are currently doing 10 mph less than they could be along a dual carriageway with a lane closed. Just a thought. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

26 years an LGV trainer:
Still No Reply ?

I have checked and you have definatly got my private messages ?

As you can see, I am getting your PMs

Hello 26 years an Lgv Trainer

, You have received a new private message to your account on “The TruckNet® UK Drivers RoundTable” and you have requested that you be notified on this event. You can view your new message by clicking on the following link:

But no messages arrive. But maybe i am lieng again ?

Maybe they will arrive late as they are currently doing 10 mph less than they could be along a dual carriageway with a lane closed. Just a thought.

Nothing like a smart ■■■ i guess. You can only go on the information given by the correct authorities. Even then you get called a liar …

26 years an Lgv Trainer - if you are still having PM probs then click on the e-mail icon just below my sig and contact me that way :slight_smile:

If some one delates the private message BEFORE you read it, then you will get the notification but not the message.

It is not like e-mail, PMs only leave the senders out box when you click to read it.

IF Rog hasnt ,written a PM then deleted it, then they should still be in ROG’s out box as you havent read them, If they are not in ROG’s outbox, and he hasnt deleted them and you havent got them in your inbox, then I will get the tech guys to take a look as I dont have any access to PM’s.

can I see if I got this right…
If I send a PM and then delete it from my outbox or sentbox just after I’ve sent it, then the person I sent it to will only get a blank from me :question: :question: :confused: :confused:

I think if you delete it from your out-box before the recipient has read the PM, the recipient will receive an email notifying them that they have a new PM, but there won’t be a PM to read because you’ve deleted it already.
Which reading between the lines of your last post is probably what you’ve done :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

ROG:
can I see if I got this right…
If I send a PM and then delete it from my outbox or sentbox just after I’ve sent it, then the person I sent it to will only get a blank from me :question: :question: :confused: :confused:

Almost correct. They will get the email notification, but the message will no longer exist, and therefore, they cannot receive it.

What if the email option is set at no email ?

Then you wouldn’t get an email to say that one had been sent, I’d presume.

TBH, the probably most likely cause of lost posts/lost P.M.'s, is people previewing their contribution before sending, and then going elsewhere before the message/post, has actually been submitted.

Just took a look, your profile is set at… Notify on new Private Message- YES

You can alter this by going to your profile and clicking NO

Krankee:
Then you wouldn’t get an email to say that one had been sent, I’d presume.

TBH, the probably most likely cause of lost posts/lost P.M.'s, is people previewing their contribution before sending, and then going elsewhere before the message/post, has actually been submitted.

I set mine to get a pop up message but no emails…

You have made an error then because I looked and you have the Notify option clicked as yes, do you want me to change it ?

Rikki-UK:
You have made an error then because I looked and you have the Notify option clicked as yes, do you want me to change it ?

I have just set mine so i get pop up reminders that i have a messages.

I have set mine to get NO mail telling me. ( HATE MAIL BOX GETTING FULL )

thanks.

P.s

I am getting messages ok as i just got one :smiley: