Picture Diary W/e 29-2-2008

It’s been a quite a good interesting week so far, this a brief photo diary, there’s a full diary ]on my blog plus regular updates of what’s been going on.

Monday,

First job is a Avant shovel, minidigger and a skkiploader to Wembley

Then it’s back to Chelmsford to load a Unimog ready for tomorrow

Tuesday,

The Unimog is now enjoying life with a new owner in Leicester.

There’s a bit of a cross country run across to near Stamford, no low bridge problem here.

I’m loading this 3CX from an auction site.

Someone’s wondering how to get a 9’6" implement onto his trailer.

There’s not much left to be collected from the auction.

The 3CX is delivered to a village near Braintree, it’s an unload in the road job.

With no brakes and a flat tyre, I’m lucky to not end up in the ditch

Thursday.
First move is an 8t JCB from Sudbury, Suffolk to Dartford

Followed by a Manitou FLT from Chelmsford to Braintree

That’ll be the Daewoo then, that I moved from the Ongar auction to Billericay

Friday.
Up to Hertfordshire to load an 800 roller

a Hyundai 55

Last move is a 5t roller from Maldon to the Isle of Grain

nice one mate, flat tyres and plant, that takes me back to my tyre fitting days, oh the fun of being up to your arse in ■■■■ in winter!!!

Good stuff!

Thanks for sharing! Funnily enough I had just finished reading the only other blog I read (Random acts of reality) when I saw you’d updated yours!

euromat:
nice one mate, flat tyres and plant, that takes me back to my tyre fitting days, oh the fun of being up to your arse in [zb] in winter!!!

I havent this year so far!!!I still remember being out last year in a little snow fixing tyres…
I was at that site at sudbury (priors hill)yesterday(thursday must have just missed u)

When I grow up I want to be a digger :stuck_out_tongue:

And when I grow up I want your job :smiley:

nice one 8wheels , i enjoyed that mate :wink:

Good pics. Have you got a winch on your motor?

Used to do the same job years ago but with a six wheeler Brimec. The plant auctions look a bit easier than Blackbushe Auction looking for one car of 3000!!!

I’ve got a winch but it has laid in the yard for about 6 months afetr supposedly getting fixed :unamused:

searched the house for my old pics from my plant days, with my 1980 Leyland Bison but can’t find them, but found a payslip from then. This was when I worked for Brian Olds plant transport based at Birtley Truckstop.

Hope you don’t work this many hours!!

Greedy bugga could haver rounded it up to 103 hours for you :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey they weren’t that bad, they didn’t round his bonus down to a tenner.

Never could work out the bonus system. The woman who was in charge of the transport was ripping off the owner and went to prison for it. :smiley:

Great diary 8wheels :smiley: Sure beats waiting at an RDC :frowning:

8wheels:
Tuesday,

The Unimog is now enjoying life with a new owner in Leicester.

Ecellent diary and pics as usual 8wheels.
That Unimog dashboard reminded me of the dashboard of a late 70s/ early 80s Merc SK artic or “B” rigid.:grimacing:

I realise the Unimog is on a “Q” plate, but do you have any idea of how old it is please??

:grimacing: I’m wondering whether that Unimog is to replace a certain Leicester “hairdresser’s” car that got trashed the other week. :wink:

Dunno how old the Mog was, I had a look for a plate but couldn’t find one. I’d say it’d had a fair bit of use though, it’d had towing gear at one point as it had suzie connectors and electrics at the back.

It was a German import (I know they all are one way or t’other) brought in by the dealer who reguarly ships them over.

Sorry to disappoint though it wasn’t delivered to ROG

Brilliant diary as always! :wink:

I love moving those Unimogs - they go where you put them - although with some, the wheel arches are so wide that you can’t see where the wheels are. Of course a good loader would just get it central and drive straight up, but I’ve never been accused of being one of those! :confused: I’d be a quivering wreck if I was faced with some of those others! :laughing:

they go where you put them

Literally wherever you want look at this

Nice one mate…just had a look at ure blog as well,excellent keep up the good work,always a good read and great pictures :smiley: :smiley:

Al