Photos Older than 10 years

kings 260:

3300John:

kings 260:

3300John:

3300John:
Heres My mates F88 The photo was taken this summer. This Volvo was supplied by Dawson freight to Aston Clinton Haulage. It was a three axle tractor when new. I would think someone will remember her. She then went to South Wales /Immingham/ Sheffield /Dover and now Staffordshire.
quote]Lets see if this works.
John

She used to be mine , it was a 6x2 when i bought her . When i got hold of her she was in a bad shape cab was pretty rotten . Also the engine let go on the m56 so i draged her in and ended up buying it in 1992 . we rebuilt the engine and spent lots of time on the cab . The lift axle was a add on that the company before me had fitted in stoke it was a poor conversion

The engine let go again. I knew of a low mileage engine suplied by dawson to boyse transport that was for sale. we poped that in her so the engine is spot on now.the engine in her had a oversized head bolt. was that something you had done■■? What name was on the door when you had her ■■?
John

No John all the head bolts were defo the same size i rebuilt that engine again just before i sold her ,The idiot who was driving her put a big hole on the rad on a building site and boiled her . new pistons liners and heads redone ,big ends and mains . we then run it for another 6 to 12 months . I sold it to aguy in yorkshire then it went down to kent . Has it still got the blue head lining in the cab . THE name on the door was K&P dark blue cab with red yellow and blue stripes . Oh and ive just remembered it was Euro axles that fitted the granning lift on the back .

Hiya kings260…The blue head lineing has been replaced with a new white one and fitted nice…the 88 still drives really nice…My mate got her off Nobby the guy
from Kent…I,ve contacted a chap in ST Clere who owen her but has no photo,s…I think the chap in Yorkshire was Newall and Wright from Sheffield…
someone must have some other photo,s of her as a three axel unit as my mate would like a copy.
John

3300John:

kings 260:

3300John:

kings 260:

3300John:

3300John:
Heres My mates F88 The photo was taken this summer. This Volvo was supplied by Dawson freight to Aston Clinton Haulage. It was a three axle tractor when new. I would think someone will remember her. She then went to South Wales /Immingham/ Sheffield /Dover and now Staffordshire.
quote]Lets see if this works.
John

She used to be mine , it was a 6x2 when i bought her . When i got hold of her she was in a bad shape cab was pretty rotten . Also the engine let go on the m56 so i draged her in and ended up buying it in 1992 . we rebuilt the engine and spent lots of time on the cab . The lift axle was a add on that the company before me had fitted in stoke it was a poor conversion

The engine let go again. I knew of a low mileage engine suplied by dawson to boyse transport that was for sale. we poped that in her so the engine is spot on now.the engine in her had a oversized head bolt. was that something you had done■■? What name was on the door when you had her ■■?
John

No John all the head bolts were defo the same size i rebuilt that engine again just before i sold her ,The idiot who was driving her put a big hole on the rad on a building site and boiled her . new pistons liners and heads redone ,big ends and mains . we then run it for another 6 to 12 months . I sold it to aguy in yorkshire then it went down to kent . Has it still got the blue head lining in the cab . THE name on the door was K&P dark blue cab with red yellow and blue stripes . Oh and ive just remembered it was Euro axles that fitted the granning lift on the back .

Hiya kings260…The blue head lineing has been replaced with a new white one and fitted nice…the 88 still drives really nice…My mate got her off Nobby the guy
from Kent…I,ve contacted a chap in ST Clere who owen her but has no photo,s…I think the chap in Yorkshire was Newall and Wright from Sheffield…
someone must have some other photo,s of her as a three axel unit as my mate would like a copy.
John

THE GUY I BOUGHT THE TRUCK OFF WAS FROM ROTHERHAM they were called rom river haulage . The guy who bought here off me was from ripon or around that area .Newal & wright never owned the truck i dont think so any way

This 111s older than 10yrs… I think… :open_mouth:

Big Al:
Another Turriff Pipelines lorry this International was driven by Brian West in the early 70’s

I remember this lorry Big Al, our depot was next door to Turriffs place in Siskin Dr , Coventry

diesel dan:

hi,anybody remember wilkinson transport from higham ferrers ,this was driven by mick wilson (bird man).

Yes I worked for them at Nuneaton depot CTC 829W was mine iirc.

Looks like i’ve double posted these two, oppps

Good thread very enjoyable thanks for the pics peeps :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

nice tread lads

A (45).jpg

Pictures from the early 50’s

And some from the 70’s

Another oldun :smiley: