Photobucket.

Members should be aware that any photo they have ever posted on TruckNet using Photobucket will no longer appear- unless the member is prepared to pay Photobucket £309 a year for third party hosting. There is outrage about this across the internet, and TruckNet members should join in with this.

bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40492668

theverge.com/2017/7/4/15919 … aid-update

Harry Monk:
Members should be aware that any photo they have ever posted on TruckNet using Photobucket will no longer appear- unless the member is prepared to pay Photobucket £309 a year for third party hosting. There is outrage about this across the internet, and TruckNet members should join in with this.

bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40492668

theverge.com/2017/7/4/15919 … aid-update

we used it on a fishing forum! :grimacing: not anymore. :laughing:

Didn’t even realise photobucket still existed. I just use imgur, super easy all round.

I go into upload attachment then into my photos and upload them that way no problem

Imageshack went the same way a few years back with the free user accounts getting held hostage with their new T’s&C’s and its ‘pay to show’ image ransoming, I’d used Photobucket for years but nowadays it is so slow at loading it’s unreal, so I stopped using it way before this new underhanded development by them thank [zb].

For the past couple of years I’ve used Imgur exclusively and it is by far imo the best image hoster (completely free as well) it is fast, easy to upload to and has its own editing built in, I highly recommend it, and tell photobucket to ‘bucket off’!

imgur.com for anyone interested.

Well dam… I was using it tonight and saw nothing. Unless, maybe because I have adblock then that might be why. Still, now I have to move all my 15,000+ images over to Imgur.

tango boy:
I go into upload attachment then into my photos and upload them that way no problem

Some of us have a wider social network than just this [zb]hole though :laughing:

Reef:

tango boy:

Some of us have a wider social network than just this [zb]hole though :laughing:

Meaning

tango boy:

Reef:

tango boy:

Meaning

Meaning… You can’t use the attachment feature here for uploading an image to another forum.

Photo bucket was OK in the early days, but it’s awful ads and intrusive ads that’s try and install apps on your phone etc means it has been going downhill for a long time. As someone who uses photo bucket for a handful of images I certainly won’t be paying them any money for 3rd party hosting fees. They can go and do one and just about any sensible person will do the same so they won’t make money out of it anyway.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Currently transferring images to Imgur grrrrr :imp:

The internet has rendered the entire concept of “intellectual property” obsolete. Anyone who pays for something they have “copied” off the internet - is a mug.
There’s no shortage of people trying to “charge” like Photobucket, Getty Images, Pinterest, etc. but at the end of the day, as I always say - “possession is nine-tenths of the law”. If you’ve got it already - you no longer need to be paying for it.

Attempts to actually copyright the internet itself - are attempts to defraud the public of course. :wink:

Any money sent to anyone that doesn’t involve receiving physical goods then delivered to you - you can expect to never see again, and there still isn’t any guarantee worth any weight that you’ll get the “air” goods you may have mistakenly paid for in advance.
This applies to so-called “Financial Services” especially.
Be VERY careful when paying into something for years and years - only to have the buggers default it when you are getting close to making your big anticipated drawdown.
Insurance outfits that don’t pay out, Pensions that go bust at the 11th hour, work ordered that seem to always stay in business long enough to take your money, but then don’t turn up and do the work for some obscure reason why they cannot etc etc.

Keep your hands on your own money until you’re as sure as you ever can be that the anticipated goods & services you are ordering - are actually going to turn up. :bulb: