Pentalver Tilbury

Hi all …Just started a new job on containers

Got a swop in pentalvers Tilbury in the morning and not sure how it works.
Im going in with an empty 40’reefer and picking up a 20ST to load with scrap .where do i change the skelly trailer settings? Or do i have to come out again and go back in ?as when i was in southampton pentalvers to load the 40’on,there were so many signs saying do not get out of cab! All 20 ’ containers to be on the rear !! Etc All help much appreciated

Those ones in southampton are misleading, just sit it in the middle and slide it back.

Never done sliding in tilbury but I would suggest that once it’s lifted off and you’ve shuffled forwards, get out and do the twist locks, don’t do the sliding there, you can do that once you get outside, simply jump out pop up the 4 you need to and then get back in & sort the other stuff out later

jackdaw:
Hi all …Just started a new job on containers

Got a swop in pentalvers Tilbury in the morning and not sure how it works.
Im going in with an empty 40’reefer and picking up a 20ST to load with scrap .where do i change the skelly trailer settings? Or do i have to come out again and go back in ?as when i was in southampton pentalvers to load the 40’on,there were so many signs saying do not get out of cab! All 20 ’ containers to be on the rear !! Etc All help much appreciated

You have no need to alter the trailer length till you get to the place you are loading the scrap, they will either lift the box off to load or load it on a ramp, either way, you can alter the trailer once loaded.

Pentalvers at Tilbury are pretty easy going bud. When you arrive don’t pull straight into their yard, there’s a car/truck park opposite. Pull on that and walk over to the office with your hard hat on. Once you are booked in drive onto the lifting pads outside the office and one of the yard marshals will come over to you. You can leave the cab and adjust your trailer in the yard once the 40 is off and they will lift your 20 in the same place, then just return to the office with the box number

Night-and-day:
Pentalvers at Tilbury are pretty easy going bud. When you arrive don’t pull straight into their yard, there’s a car/truck park opposite. Pull on that and walk over to the office with your hard hat on. Once you are booked in drive onto the lifting pads outside the office and one of the yard marshals will come over to you. You can leave the cab and adjust your trailer in the yard once the 40 is off and they will lift your 20 in the same place, then just return to the office with the box number

Didn’t they move round to near 39 berth?

Probably!! It’s been a couple of years since I did boxes :blush:

Thanks lads.much appreciated