Pay at Maritime please

Hello I was just wondering what the hourly rate is for a 4 on 4 off nights driver.
Overtime pay
Extra shift pay
Bank holidays
Please can someone with some real knowledge let me know cheers.

Their pay is on their site C+E HGV Driver (4 on 4 off Nights)

This is not a TruckNet feedback issue. Try the Professional Drivers’ forum.

Since it’s not a feedback issue, I’ve moved your post to where I think it will be seen and answered by those in the know.

The truck will have the speed limiter set at 50 mph.

Who cares if it’s 50mph Tobes if you are paid by the hour?
I’d be more concerned (and then deciding not to bother) about the constant feed surveillance type in cab cameras tbh.

I looked at the same job recently out of Doncaster, and the pay is pretty much what was posted in the link, £13-17 per hour. The assumption is that £13 is for days, and £17 is for nights, needless to say I chose to pack my budgie smugglers in my suitcase and head over the channel in my car to Portugal instead
IMG_8125

2 Likes

Albufeira on Peneco beach.

And the reason that beach is so empty is because they saw him there in his Speedo’s

2 Likes

Actually it’s around 2hrs north of the Algarve, around 20km south of Lisbon in a town called Sesimbra, I was at a music festival in Lisbon on Saturday before driving here. A Portuguese friend has given me the keys to an 3 bed apartment for free, to use for the next five weeks.
As for scaring them away from the beach, quite the contrary I’m having trouble fighting them off

Algarve…music fest…friend gives you free accommodation…5 weeks ?
I want your life mate.
:joy:

1 Like

13 is days on containers and 17 is nights on curtainsiders (4on 4off)

Days on curtainsiders (4 on 4 off) and nights on containers are in between 13 and 17.

1 Like

Why are curtains payed more??

Think I misread that, although it does say on the site there’s a premium for curtainsides

1 Like

At a guess because you may have more drops/collections? Or just wrong info as it states ‘‘depending on wage deal and including meal allowance’’ maybe rota dependent i.e. weekend bonus

Securing load and curtains is harder than opening the doors on a box. And much less fun in the rain in January.
Maybe that is also relevant?

Rob, I’m not in the Algarve I’m about 20 miles south of the capital Lisbon.

Though I guess as soon as anyone mentions that they are in Portugal everyone immediately assumes that you are in the Algarve, and most likely in Albufeira (aka the Portuguese Benidorm). As that’s where everyone goes to on their annual package holiday and paying over inflated prices for food and drinks. Here a litre of local beer is only €1.39.
I am reasonably close enough to the beach

Yep had my honeymoon in Algarve, Montechoro near Albufeira in 83.
We went back about 10 yrs ago.
In 83 the road between Montechoro and Albufeira did not exist, it was like a very wide desert type track.
That road now is all built up as a modern town.
I’ve also been to Lisbon on that trip in 83 on a coach with no aircon, in fact no.aircon in the apartment either.:smiley:

Its the 4 on 4 off aspect thats paid more, rather than the curtains but the 4 on 4 off drivers are mainly the ones pulling curtains.

Still £13ph is poor (ok new start rate to gain experience though) the buses I was on are now on £15ph and £18.75ph after 40hrs and rest days. The down side are the passengers.