Pay as you go fuel cards

Was talking to another driver he was on about pay as you go fuel cards.

Is there such a thing ? Or is this just drivers waiting rooms ■■■■■■■■■

They’re called credit cards.

Yes there are payg cards out there. Cant for the life of me remember who is doing hem but have seen them advertised in mags ect

As I understand it, you get up to 28 days to clear your credit card bill but most fuel companies are looking for settement after 14 days. Therefore I would ask . . . . what is the point of a PAYG fuel card, or am I missing the point ? :confused:

most fuel card companies will do this for owner drivers/small companies with no track record.
you get the discounted fuel the same as everyone else, but the main benefit is you don’t pay the vat.

the kaiser:
As I understand it, you get up to 28 days to clear your credit card bill but most fuel companies are looking for settement after 14 days. Therefore I would ask . . . . what is the point of a PAYG fuel card, or am I missing the point ? :confused:

i can see some companies may see it as a security issue, i.e only load a limited amount on the card so you don’t have a card that you could get 4 or £5,000 of fuel off of if it got stolen, also for some business’s that can’t get fuel cards now can and get the fuel at bunkered prices by prepaying :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

the kaiser:

I had one carnt remember the company who supplied it but they offered me about 5p a litre off my cheapest quote for the week,but I never used it because like you say I haven’t been payed for October yet so why would I want a pay as you go card :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

There are a few on the market aimed at those who cannot get credit but don’t want to give a driver £500 and say “there you go don’t spend it all at once driver” me i’m on fortnightly direct debit even the big fleets dont get monthly terms anymore!!

I get up to 28 days on my MasterCard but pay the same as Joe public or 14 days key fuels or other fuel cards not many fuel companies trust us

i,ve got a pay as you go card, i get 1 ltr to the minute and free text. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

browncow2:
i,ve got a pay as you go card, i get 1 ltr to the minute and free text. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing:

Reason I asked mates after one when he on hoilday he can give the driver the pay as you go card to use and not his fuel card :wink:

Owner drivers only benefit from using a fuel card is the fact that they get an all in one bill for their accounts. It’s cheaper to fuel up at Asda but the hassle is not worth the saving