Click on pages twice to read.

Brochure.

Scammell brochure cont.

Another brochure.

Spec sheets.

Air load transfer device.

Alusuisse Mercedes.

L1745p.JPG

Turvey Transport ERF. Unusual place to have the air horns.

L1568.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF, says “Road Runner” on the front ■■?

L1752p.JPG

Michelin Seddon Atkinson.

L1804p.JPG

One for “Pete Smith”. Tipton Transport Bedford from your part of the world chap.

L1849.JPG

Michael Bailey ERF.

L1852p.JPG

Dewsbury Haulage Foden brick truck.

L1770p.JPG

One for Oily and Dieseldog. I noticed they parked the Rover on the back probably so it would be easy
to unload when it broke down. They were crap after the P6 model before ! :laughing:

MCD 12.JPG

Maylen Marathon and it looks like a ERF demonstrator passing.

M 1.JPG

Edwards Transport Scania bulker.

L2023p.JPG

M 1.JPGBased in Wigmore Kent the name Maylen was made up from the names of the two owners May Palmer and Len Lewarne.

M 2.JPGHeading up the A417 at Birdlip in Gloucestershire

This picture is taken from the Maylem thread. here on Trucknet.

DEANB:

Brochure.

Should I be worried now Dean? You’ve posted stuff about Scammell Routeman’s mate, I know it’s not in the same league as the Crusaders but still, it’s Scammell pal! :laughing:

Where’s that nurse when you need one…

That (S)cammell :laughing: tanker of Charlie Websters could be driven by TrucknetUK member ‘Wirksworth Rod’ as he had a spell with them, as did several others on that squadron who ended up at Ballidon quarry.

Pete.

"One for Oily and Dieseldog. I noticed they parked the Rover on the back probably so it would be easy
to unload when it broke down. They were crap after the P6 model before ! :laughing: "

Hi Dean, I had a mate who was on for MCD(Mainland Car Delivery) back in the 60s/70s they loaded out of Lyehill Quarry pound at Wheatley, Oxford, dunno what happened to them, swallowed up I guess, Dieseldog might know.
I also remember a fatality at Lyehill Quarry pound, a driver was crushed when a hydraulic feed to the top deck rams burst.
Cheers
Oily

MCD 12.JPG

oiltreader:
I had a mate who was on for MCD(Mainland Car Delivery) back in the 60s/70s they loaded out of Lyehill Quarry pound at Wheatley, Oxford, dunno what happened to them. Oily

On September the 9th 2010 the Cheshire firm of Autocarriers, which traded as MCD (Mainland Car Deliveries} entered administration.
It was the second time MCD had entered administration in less than a year as in the previous November MCD had been sold by administrator BDO in a pre-pack administration deal to Autocarriers its sister company.
At the time MCD had an O-licence for 150 vehicles along with 150 trailers.
On the 1st of October 2010 Northampton-based car transporter Autologic acquired a large proportion of the business for £500,000.

Afternoon Dean,
You have posted some cracking stuff on here mate, I think PV83 has gone to lie down in a dark room!
Thanks for the Tipton Transport TM,
The Scania livery looks like Bibby’s colours or very similar to George Varneys? Cheer’s Pete

L1800p.JPG

pv83:

DEANB:

Brochure.Great work again Dean & Paul Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Should I be worried now Dean? You’ve posted stuff about Scammell Routeman’s mate, I know it’s not in the same league as the Crusaders but still, it’s Scammell pal! :laughing:

DEANB:
We have had some cracking pics of the Scammell Routeman on here. I know Daz is a big fan of these and i
would imagaine there are alot of you that have driven these. They seemed a favourite with the muck away
tipper fleets. Does anyone know why it was not offered as a 6 wheeler ■■?

Hello Dean …awesome shot of the Steel Supply Routeman …they were from Swansea …as a kid would see them at neath Abbey wharf loading scrap …Geraint

DEANB:
Alusuisse Mercedes.

Turvey Transport ERF. Unusual place to have the air horns.

Anyone recognise the ERF, says “Road Runner” on the front ■■?

Michelin Seddon Atkinson.

One for “Pete Smith”. Tipton Transport Bedford from your part of the world chap.

Michael Bailey ERF.

Dewsbury Haulage Foden brick truck.

One for Oily and Dieseldog. I noticed they parked the Rover on the back probably so it would be easy
to unload when it broke down. They were crap after the P6 model before ! :laughing:

Maylen Marathon and it looks like a ERF demonstrator passing.

Hello dean ,Edwards Transport of Hinstock Market drayton ,bulk work back then ,all fridges and tanks now ,keep the Shropshire pictures coming ,thank you Trevor

pete smith:
Afternoon Dean,
You have posted some cracking stuff on here mate, I think PV83 has gone to lie down in a dark room!
The Scania livery looks like Bibby’s colours or very similar to George Varneys? Cheer’s Pete

Hi Pete would that be the George Varney at Watford Gap way? As you probably know - Fred Sherwood took them over n they run in his colours, but was that their original livery? Cheers Paul

coomsey:

pete smith:
Afternoon Dean,

Hi Pete would that be the George Varney at Watford Gap way? As you probably know 1. Fred Sherwood took them over n they run in his colours, but was that their original livery? Cheers Paul
[/quote]
Hi Paul,
Yes that is the same company that Sherwood took over, the colours were green and yellow but I seem to remember the green was a darker shade. As a foot note I think that yard of Varneys was the site of the original Watford gap services, on the A5 obviously not the M1, Cheer’s Pete

moomooland:
Based in Wigmore Kent the name Maylen was made up from the names of the two owners May Palmer and Len Lewarne.

Thanks for the info on how they got there name Paul. :wink:

pv83:

Calm down son,alot more Scammell stuff to come but we wont bother with those sheds you like ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

windrush:
That (S)cammell :laughing: tanker of Charlie Websters could be driven by TrucknetUK member ‘Wirksworth Rod’ as he had a spell with them, as did several others on that squadron who ended up at Ballidon quarry.Pete.

Cheers Pete. :laughing: :wink:

moomooland:
I had a mate who was on for MCD(Mainland Car Delivery) back in the 60s/70s they loaded out of Lyehill Quarry pound at Wheatley, Oxford, dunno what happened to them. Oily

On September the 9th 2010 the Cheshire firm of Autocarriers, which traded as MCD (Mainland Car Deliveries} entered administration.
It was the second time MCD had entered administration in less than a year as in the previous November MCD had been sold by administrator BDO in a pre-pack administration deal to Autocarriers its sister company.
At the time MCD had an O-licence for 150 vehicles along with 150 trailers.
On the 1st of October 2010 Northampton-based car transporter Autologic acquired a large proportion of the business for £500,000.
[/quote]
:arrow_right:

Thanks Oily for your comments and Paul,good stuff there chap thanks for posting ! :smiley: :wink:

pete smith:
Afternoon Dean,

Thanks for your comments Pete. :wink:

ArcDaz:
Great work again Dean & Paul Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I thought you would like that chap ! :wink:

kenfig bill:

DEANB:
We have had some cracking pics of the Scammell Routeman on here.

Hello Dean …awesome shot of the Steel Supply Routeman …they were from Swansea …as a kid would see them at neath Abbey wharf loading scrap …Geraint

Thanks Geraint Paul will like your comment ! :wink:

tastrucker:

Hello dean ,Edwards Transport of Hinstock Market drayton ,bulk work back then ,all fridges and tanks now ,keep the Shropshire pictures coming ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for your comments Trevor. :smiley:

pete smith:

coomsey:
Afternoon Dean,

Hi Pete would that be the George Varney at Watford Gap way? As you probably know 1. Fred Sherwood took them over n they run in his colours, but was that their original livery? Cheers Paul
[/quote]
Hi Paul,
Yes that is the same company that Sherwood took over, the colours were green and yellow but I seem to remember the green was a darker shade. As a foot note I think that yard of Varneys was the site of the original Watford gap services, on the A5 obviously not the M1, Cheer’s Pete
[/quote]
Thanks for your comments Pete and coomsey. :wink:

Some dodgy ones from the mile away folder.

D & N Morgan Volvo F86 draw-bar.

Anyone recognise the ERF with the stack ■■?

Seddon bulker. Possibly Sun Valley ■■

Hoveringham AEC.

Atkinson ■■

Volvo F88 ■■

ICI Chemicals Atkinson.

Effluent Disposal FIAT.

British Steel Crusader.

Looking at the flag i would say an ERF from the P & O group of companies.

Anyone recognise the Volvo F86 ■■?

L0631p.JPG

Brown Bros Volvo F10.

L0666p.JPG

Anyone recognise the GUY ■■?

L0682p.JPG

Dutch DAF.

L0735p.JPG

Bethell & Sons Scammell.

L0742p.JPG

Meeks of Kirby Volvo F10.

L0752p.JPG

Sea Route ferry Scania.

L0761p.JPG

John McGill Seddon Atkinson.

L0769p.JPG

Crewe Chemicals Volvo F88

L0783p.JPG

Wellcome Foden.

L0814p.JPG

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Volvo F86 ■■?

Isle of Man registered Dean,pulling an Edmundson trailer,taken ont North Quay Douglas according to a Manx friend of mine.He thinks it could be an Edmundson unit,they had two apparently.