PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Hi Dean.
George Catchpole did a lot of work out of Shell Chemicals at Stanlow,most of their tackle was “well worn”. :smiley:
They were taken over by Wim Vos eventually.

cattchpole1.JPG

British Steel Roadtrain.

I think some BSC wagons that worked out of South Wales steelworks were known as Monmouthshire Transport? They all seemed to have home made number plates.I think they mainly worked out of Newport,not sure,but somebody will know.

Chris Webb:
British Steel Roadtrain.

I think some BSC wagons that worked out of South Wales steelworks were known as Monmouthshire Transport? They all seemed to have home made number plates.I think they mainly worked out of Newport,not sure,but somebody will know.

Cheers Chris , yes it was Monmouthshire Transport ,that worked out of the former Orb steelworks Newport, before the Roadtrains they had Marathons ,and prior to those twin steer Atkis .
The Orb had its own dock in which coasters would call with scrap and steel out ,regards Keith .

kingswinford kit:

Chris Webb:
British Steel Roadtrain.

Cheers Chris , yes it was Monmouthshire Transport ,that worked out of the former Orb steelworks Newport, before the Roadtrains they had Marathons ,and prior to those twin steer Atkis .
The Orb had its own dock in which coasters would call with scrap and steel out ,regards Keith .

Thanks Keith,I do remember the twin steer Atkis all with DW Newport reg plates. Also the twin steer AEC MK5s of Edwards of Lydbrook,all ex Walls I believe,cut down from Mammoth Majors.

DEANB:
Salamander F88. Outfit looks like its had a hard life,missing mudguard on the 88.

Anyone recognise the 110 Scania ■■?

A04009.jpg

George Catchpole tired looking ERF.

Teeside Carriers Seddon Atkinson. I think Dennis may comment on the sheeting ■■ :laughing: :laughing:

I still find some of the names unusual. Crawler Cultivations Scania.

Heatons Seddon removal draw-bar.

British Steel Roadtrain.

Lloyd Thomas & Sons ERF.

One for Bubbs, Western Transport Scania.

Bedford snowplough gritter.

Hi Dean,
That A series ERF is a very hard worked Illtyd Thomas motor…hasn’t got the normal yellow grill and a home made bumper…no doubt John Thomas not of work :smiley:

Regards Mark

A02515.jpg

Chris Webb:

kingswinford kit:

Chris Webb:
British Steel Roadtrain.

Thanks Keith,I do remember the twin steer Atkis all with DW Newport reg plates. Also the twin steer AEC MK5s of Edwards of Lydbrook,all ex Walls I believe,cut down from Mammoth Majors.

Cheers Chris ,yes Edwards of Lydbrook had quite a few cut down Mammoth Majors ,they also hauled out of Whitehead steels Newport and tinplate from Ebbw Vale ,regards Keith .

Hi Dean the erf is illtyd Thomas :slight_smile:

Hello Dean,
a good shot of illtyd Thomas a series erf,that was their first brand new erf GWN 315 N, the replacement bumpers were the crash bars off the atkinsons. Fletchers of Swansea sold a lot Leyland trucks to B.S.C S.Wales. reguards daibootsy.

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
George Catchpole did a lot of work out of Shell Chemicals at Stanlow,most of their tackle was “well worn”. :smiley:

Hi Chris,

Think the memory is playing tricks on you George Catchpole was taken over by Hoyer around August 1988, just a couple of months before Hoyer bought Bulk Storage Transport from Paull, but given it was 30 years ago I think we’ll let you off that one and the fact that your knowledge of the UK tanker industry is second to none.

Hoyer invested in a lot of new tackle and a new depot.

Spud1960:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

Hi Chris,

Think the memory is playing tricks on you George Catchpole was taken over by Hoyer around August 1988, just a couple of months before Hoyer bought Bulk Storage Transport from Paull, but given it was 30 years ago I think we’ll let you off that one and the fact that your knowledge of the UK tanker industry is second to none.

You are right Spud,it was Hoyer not Wim Vos.Didn’t Wim Vos buy a UK tanker firm though,I’ve got Offlley Bothers from Ellesmere Port at back of my mind,they worked out of Stanlow as well. Probably wrong so my excuse is owd age. :stuck_out_tongue:

windrush:
Huntley & Palmers Foden.

H & P were the largest employer in Reading for over 100 years, Palmer’s were Quakers and donated many recreational facilities to the town (I lived opposite one of their parks) and also built a large housing estate for their workforce. Interestingly, being Quakers, there were no pubs although that changed later and there was one on almost every corner!! :laughing: Also in the early days pre WW1 the male and female workers were not allowed to leave the factory at the same time, females left about 15 minutes earlier to avoid fraternisation! All gone now of course, the factory, pubs and most of the housing, but the parks still remain.Pete.

Thanks for the intresting comments Pete. :smiley:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

Hello Chris,yes it definately had the “well worn” look about it ! :laughing: :laughing:

kingswinford kit:

Chris Webb:
British Steel Roadtrain.

Thanks for the comments Chris and Keith. :wink:

marktaff:
Lloyd Thomas & Sons ERF.
Hi Dean,
That A series ERF is a very hard worked Illtyd Thomas motor…hasn’t got the normal yellow grill and a home made bumper…no doubt John Thomas not of work :smiley: Regards Mark

Cheers Mark. :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi Dean the erf is illtyd Thomas :slight_smile:

Thanks John ! :wink:

daibootsy:
Hello Dean,
a good shot of illtyd Thomas a series erf,that was their first brand new erf GWN 315 N, the replacement bumpers were the crash bars off the atkinsons. Fletchers of Swansea sold a lot Leyland trucks to B.S.C S.Wales. reguards daibootsy.

Nice pic and info Dai,thanks for posting. :smiley:

Spud1960:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info and comments “Spud1960” :wink:

Our man Patrick has a bit of a fetish for these old sheds so i had better put some
on for him. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

A00036.JPG

A00051.JPG

A00076.JPG

A00080.JPG

A00121.JPG

cusadbsc.jpg

A00238.JPG

A00396.JPG

A00493.JPG

A00352.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Army.

A00199.JPG

A00200.JPG

Click on pages twice.

Crusader road test.

Click on pages twice.

Bath Waste Disposal F7

A04169p.JPG

This Maggie was taken near Ferndown and i am sure this company was from the Southampton
area anyone recognise it ■■?

A04852p.JPG

Ferrymasters Scania.

A04851p.JPG

Jakey ,Mark do you remember this company.

A04848p.JPG

I think this was taken when they were building the Wimborne bypass. I can remember there being
lots of Irish navy’s red Routemans on the job.

A04246p.JPG

W.Waters & Son Seddon Atkinson bulker.

A04254p.JPG

Sharples Foden.

A03993p.JPG

Partridge Maggie.

A04134p.JPG

French Maggie. Any ideas what that would be hauling Chris ■■?

A04138p.JPG

Prestons Seddon Atkinson.

@DEANB: I just love the way you create these cameo mini-topics within the thread - it appears to have become your modus operandi and it really works!

PS This driver (below) might struggle to get that frigo trailer past H&S today, but I remember pulling some pretty filthy fridges even in the '80s! Robert

A00396.JPG

Chris Webb:

Spud1960:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

Hi Chris,

You are right Spud,it was Hoyer not Wim Vos.Didn’t Wim Vos buy a UK tanker firm though,I’ve got Offlley Bothers from Ellesmere Port at back of my mind,they worked out of Stanlow as well. Probably wrong so my excuse is owd age. :stuck_out_tongue:

Morning Chris,
O B transport, that is a name from the past! Pete

morning dean,
the the s.a 400, is W.WALTERS & Son from Pontlliw
reguards daibootsy.

A04254p.JPG