Pathway Training

Anyone heard/used them. I have received all thier marketing blurb and spoken to them on the phone and they all sound australian.

Yeah I’ve heard of them.
I sent off for one of their free no obligation books but I can’t remember what it was about. Next thing I know is they’re on the phone to me 3-4 times a day wanting to talk to me about how they can forward my career. Oh, and I still never got the book.
That put me right off, there’s nothing I hate more than pushy sales people so I never bothered with them.

My advice. Stay away from the national companies. Go for a small company who’ll be interested in you and what’s best for you not just your money.

Evil Twin did you say on another thread you were based in Lincolnshire?

yes mate

Thought so. Well with that in mind I wouldnt hesitate in recomending JMW. I did my 1 and 2 with them and ADR and there great. They have their own training ground for reversing, brake test etc set up identical to test centre. Was 1 on 1 training when I was there and sure it still is. There trucks arnt owt special but are more than up to the job. Do all there teaching etc round Grimsby where they send you for test. Pretty easy place to drive round as well once you learn it a bit. Had two instructers in my time there both good one very good. Passed both first time too if thats any reflection on them! Cant say what it cost though, the firm payed! But think it was around £800 for each class but you would obviously have to ring to check.

J.M.W Driver Training Centre Caenby Corner Estate Hemswell Cliff Gainsborough Lincolnshire DN21 5TN Tel: 01427 668424

Talk to the companies and see how helpful / interested they are, that will tell you a lot. Ask how many hours tuition are included and what hours they work between.

When I learnt I paid a bit more but got about 10 hours more training, and had tuition early mornings (from 5.30am) and late evenings (up to about 11.00) this was all good experience and I’d recommend something similar.

Don’t be put off by training being 2 pupils to 1 instructor, I learnt a lot by watching the other guy. Also when they make mistakes you can either avoid doing it yourself or feel better that it’s not just you doing it.

And try and find a school using realistic sized vehicles like an 18 tonner for Class 2 and a proper artic unit and trailer for class 1. If you can get one with a gearlever map that looks like a Christmas Tree, even better as you’ll get shown how to use it rather than struggle later on.

Excellent info thanks for that. it is sounding like May this year that the news will come as to whether we will be one of the post offices that shut so I could be heading to grimsby soon

Forgot to say they use proper artics not council tippers with gennys to do class 1! Much better in the long run to learn on a artic.

Ahhhh…suddenly the thinking behind your expectations becomes clear… :open_mouth:

You might want to have a read of THIS before taking their literature too seriously… :wink:

It Really Really sounds good. So good in fact I sent for their package.
I wonder how much it would cost them to send a package out to all our members :smiling_imp:
I’ll have to ask the ‘fox’ :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

8wheels:
Don’t be put off by training being 2 pupils to 1 instructor, I learnt a lot by watching the other guy. Also when they make mistakes you can either avoid doing it yourself or feel better that it’s not just you doing it.

Yep! I couldn’t agree more,

i also requested the information pack from pathway as i have decided to do my hgv training this year, but what i recieved in the post was just a 30 page booklet with the sales patter, i never recieved the secret information pack so i sent them an email saying i wouldnt consider using them for training without the extra info, they said they only printed 250 copies,i told the guy to send me a link to read online, he said they no longer had info on computer file,ever since i have had dozens of texts,missed calls voice mails and answer messages,i wouldnt care i probably would have used them if it werent for the likes of sites like these,plus £550 a week sounds like a really long shot, especially where im from in aberdeen

well they wont be phoning me i asked for the pack and put a load of 0000000000000000000000000 for my phone number
sound like on top avoid to me

Keep clear mate. There are better places to get your training.

surprising ly with no number no pack was sent■■?

i’ll look else where got a while yet car test to master 1st like to be prepared so to speak