Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 2)

A couple for GOM.
Oily

1 Like

GOM, an AEC man through and through. I’m so old I’ve even driven a ‘2 stick’ Mk 3
Happy days
Would I go back ? nah, no digi tacho card for this old lad, I’ll live on my happy memories.

1 Like

All day long, I can admire the pictures and the ones I see on the road, but then I remember the 3am starts on freezing winter’s mornings which I actually enjoyed at the time, and the longer distance the better.

But now, if I have to go to the big town (15 kms) for something Amazon can’t bring, I have to phsych myself up for it. :rofl:

1 Like

Now here’s a border through which I doubt any of us on here has ever driven a lorry: China / Myanmar. And, of course, it looks like any other truck border crossing point!

1 Like

1 Like

I’ll take the Austin, straight swap for my Jaguar (had it from new, 20 years old this month) :grinning:

1 Like

Not sure if I posted this before, anyway it’s off FB.
Oily

2 Likes

You may have, you may not have, but I have seen it before and it doesn’t age. Always good for a laugh. :rofl:

1 Like

A couple from the last 15 years or so

Ade

Presenting the Scania 4-series. Your reviewer/ spruiker is… Jeremy Clarkson :face_with_monocle:

Scania and roomy is a bit of a stretch, even on the current models.

That cab was introduced in the '90s, as a TM I was invited to a launch and drive at that truckstop at Shepshed just off the M1 in Leicestershire. Unfortunately it was on a Saturday and coincided with a big petanque competition, so it only took a moment for me to decide and thus I have never even been inside the cab of one. :rofl:

I never liked Scania cabs. Like the Ford Transits, they’re made for short drivers.

Where all going on a Summer holiday but back in time a bit, Buzzer

nmp

Is that a Singer? My parents had one when we were kids, no caravan though, although we may have been in one when we got there.

Hillman is it?

I think you could be right, not quite right for a Singer perhaps.

It’s a Hillman.

A 1953 Hillman Minx to be precise, the penultimate side valve model.