Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 2)

I remember that on my old Otto, but in that it was a hand that arose from the depths. :rofl:

KAMAZ Arctica 8x8 Articulated Monster Arctic Truck

1 Like

Couple of impressive line ups

1 Like

Blast from the past, Buzzer

nmp

1 Like

An early example of a UK tri-axle semi-trailer.

1 Like

That is a cracking pic Buzzer, in the previous version of Trucknet there would have been a count of how many views it had got but annoyingly not with this new setup so no idea if it is appreciated. That is the main reason along with lack of the old crowd participating I don’t bother anymore. Might even get the old bugger making another one of his many comebacks :laughing:
Oily

Southern Cross, the actual plane flown by Charles Kingsford-Smith, preserved at Brisbane airport.

1 Like

Random photos from my camera.

1 Like

Transport Hall of Fame, Alice Springs.

20230825_135824

1 Like

1 Like

Processing: 20230825_123638.jpg…

1 Like

Alot to take in there SDU, firstly did you sleep in that contraption on the roof rack?

One of my regrets was speeding through the Alice without stopping to look in on the Hall of Fame. Do you think one of those Commers was Buntine’s original ride?

And what about the Slingshot Haulage monster? What is it, tractor or rigid, oh, just spotted the 5th wheel. :rofl:

Commers. Some might think it was a British thing, but if there’s one thing I’ve learned in the decades I’ve lived here it’s that Australians took them to heart.

1 Like

Yes mate, two minute set up and five to pack up.
No Joe Blakes up there and better than taking the caravan when travelling alone, particularly seeing as so much of the trip was off the beaten track. Mostly on the dirt, Brisbane-Cunnamulla-Thargominda-Boulia-Alice (via Plenty “Hwy”)-Marla-Oodnadatta (via Oodnadatta Track)-Marree -Lyndhurst-Strzelecki Track-Merty Merty-Cameron Corner-Noccundra-Thargominda.
See Tall Tails and True, for an amusing anecdote from this trip.

Motor Show 1972

1 Like

Pity you didn’t tell me about that back in 2009 when I started hauling the dogs all over and, until I bought the Teardrop caravan, slept in the back of the Berlingo alongside them… :joy:

1 Like

Please post that “Motor Show 1972” pic in the “buses coaches and lorries” thread, it’s a perfect fit.

Were Seddon one of the first British brands to produce a factory sleeper cab? Or is that a conversion.

One of the few lorries I never had as a regular motor. Exceptions were after I left Stirlands to set up on my own I did do a few journeys with one they bought, and kept in primer and on trade plates purely to fetch new trailers in. From Cambridgeshire somewhere I think it was. All I remember was that, being steel, it was a lot less draughty than the Atkis, ERFs and Fodens I was used to.

No, Spardo, it was just a conversion. But quite a few were made. Somewhere in the dim and distance recesses of this now un-navigable forum, I created a thread all about them.

There was even a LHD drive ‘get us into Europe’ version which, according to the late lamented John ‘Saviem’ in one of his wonderful descriptions was a bit of a disaster (again, locating his take on the Seddon is so difficult to locate that I have given up trying).