Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 2)

Busy this morning
Ade

1 Like

I’m now back on the road after 4.5 years away, DAFs are much improved, wish the same could be said for the standards of driving out there!!

1 Like

Lincoln Farm on a Sunday midday change over Paper going south and wood pulp coming north .

2 Likes

Is nobody posting on here
Ade

1 Like

[quote=“Bewick1, post:763, topic:237366”]
d
[/quot I’ve said it before and I will say it again this new TNUK site is total bollox and I wish the Mods would block me out I really do ! Absolute bollox ! Bewick

Filming a scene from Skyfall (James Bond Movie 2012)

2 Likes

Wow! Those Komatsus are beasts, I dare say those pics were taken just along the road from me at Birtley

Not taken at Birtley. Don’t think anything that big is produced there, usually just the 360 loader stuff.
The tipper is at some kind of show or exhibition, it is standing on artificial grass etc.
Not sure where the dozer was snapped but doubt it was Birtley.

Don’t know about the first pic but the Komatsu in the 2nd is built in Germany.

Heavyweight Tracked Dumper with Cat Roots (earthmoversmagazine.co.uk)

Komatsu’s D475A it’s a bit of a beast (earthmoversmagazine.co.uk)

Found a press cutting from 2017, this machine was working in a quarry in Scotland. Presume the photo was taken there.

Byker Bridge Newcastle

1 Like

LOL, you’ve reminded me of this place - needs no introduction for you @Gateshead

1 Like

Worswick St. station. All gone now, you wouldn’t recognise that bottom end of the toon now

I imagine I wouldn’t recognize large parts of central Newcastle these days, I bet all my favourite pubs have gone for one thing. I might have to indulge myself in a day out in town one of these days

Can you remember The Gay Trooper and Man in The Moon ■■

Gay Trooper, no (perhaps thankfully :grin:)
Man in the Moon, oh yes, practically lived in that place at one time, but I think by the time I was going there it was properly named The Jubilee, even though everyone called it the Man in the Moon. I still kept going there when it became Trillions, which it still is.

Nothing to brag about but, (in my younger days) I was one of the very few people who managed to got thrown out of what was essentially “a hippie pub” (quite literally thrown, if I recall correctly :joy:), it was due to a… ahem, “physical altercation” between myself and another “musician”, naturally revolving around “a female of the species”. I hasten to add this was during the days I tended to drink the likes of brown ale (Double Maxim in that pub obviously), it was my only proper fight of adult life, and to be absolutely honest “He started it…” but found he wasn’t able to finish it :rofl:

The Monkey Bar and the The Percy were other favourites on our Friday night route from Worswick Street to The Mayfair. Ah… happy days (or should that be daze?)

Gay Trooper was a Vaux pub. It was just a door in the Newgate Shopping Centre and you went down a flight of stairs to get in. The Swallow Hotel (also Vaux) was above the shopping centre. All recently demolished and a new Maldron Hotel is on the site now.
Trillions still there, as you say, both myself and my better half use the opticians next door.

Not sure if you’ve seen it but there’s a video on Youtube which features RTs from London Transport getting refubished , very interesting

Thanks for that. Thorntons at Morpeth do a lot of refurbs for the tfl companies. Often see their low loaders loaded with a double decker on the A1.