Passed theory and HP :)

Endgame:
I was once going to train with AJM, until I discovered they take their test’s out of Wrexham, which has/had one of the worst pass rates in the country. Sometimes it’s the test centre’s that let the training school down.

Sometimes it a lot of crap schools using a centre so the good ones get put into the same boat

NEVER GO BY TEST CENTRE PASS RATES

That is sound advise from Rog regarding test centre pass rates!..

Wrexham DTC reduced the routes a few years back from about 16 to about 6 which from a LGV trainers point of view makes it easier to clarify the specific hazard areas on a test route that even an experienced driver might struggle with (Normally roundabouts).

My way of teaching is to read the road ahead as best as you can by being proactive and not reactive and being ready for the next hazard. Of course local knowledge of the area is an advantage but this can sometimes lead to complacency. For example there has been a road-sweeper clearing the mud from tipper lorries wheels coming out of a tip on a winding national speed limit road near Wrexham DTC over the past month…In the summer it wouldn’t be there!!.. Just teaching test routes can stop the pupil from asking themselves “What if…Can I…etc”

I cant comment on other trainers pass rates at Wrexham DTC only my own which are Very good! Have a look at the Facebook link below. A picture paints a thousand words as the saying goes…

facebook.com/hgvcourses?ref=bookmarks

Tony

AJM Transport Training

www.hgvcourses.co.uk

hgvcourses:
Just teaching test routes can stop the pupil from asking themselves “What if…Can I…etc”

hgvcourses.co.uk

Disagree with the above

But the student doesn’t know that they are on a test route in training unless you tell them.

Training on a test route can only be beneficial for when they take there test.Local knowledge knowing what’s coming next can only give the candidate confidence.

Paul :smiley:

hgvcourses:
My way of teaching is to read the road ahead as best as you can by being proactive and not reactive and being ready for the next hazard.

hgvcourses.co.uk

Agreed but impossible to teach on here because every hazard is different.

Paul :smiley:

Hi Paul

I did say local knowledge is an advantage!!

What do you mean by… “It’s impossible to teach on here because every hazard is different”.

Isn’t it about teaching driving LGV’s not just to pass the test but to be as safe as possible after the test in the real world!

Tony

Hi Paul

If you mean I’m trying to teach what a hazard is on this forum then i am definitely not doing that! I normally charge to do that,lol

This is funny because I reckon you are both getting to the same point in different ways :laughing:

M1 closed for 18 hours and affected this test candidate

space1999:
I had my rigid test today with Data Academy and they have their own test centre at Markfield but this acident and the aftermath of traffic meant the tests were all held at Thurmaston DSA own site for reversing. it also meant I didn’t know the roads that side of the city. Bummer!!!

I am from Leicester but not from that side of city myself…however…I still passed

so although today was a nightmare due to accidents on M1…just goes to show I can drive a truck no matter what roads I am on…in hindsight this has also given me more confidence in my driving as opposed to going on the roads I already know…good for the future

M1 and other roads all now open anyhow and thought are all with the injured. Highways Agency relly need to do something about that junction as it seems to be an accident blackspot

Just goes to show that learning test routes is un-necessary if the trainee has been trained well

Well said and done space 1999… (Loved that series… Moonbase alpha…Eagles transporters…)

Thanks Rog