Parking in Truro

Going to be finishing in Truro tomorrow, can’t see many places to park. Lots of double yellows everywhere. Not going to have much time left either. Never been down that neck of the woods .

Depends which direction you are going after tipped mate, but I usually park at Roche 13 miles away.
Not the services (although you can get a free shower there) but the ind est about a mile towards Victoria on the old road.
Theres a pub that does good (but not particularly cheap ) food on there.

Or, Smokey Joe’s on the side of the A30 at Blackwater, 15mins away from Truro.

Nice little lay by on the A39 coming out of Truro on the right just before the roundabout as you turn left at the lights off the A390 onto the A39 there is a Dunelm on you’re left a little further on you will see the lay by nice and quiet.

Failing that lots of places on the A30 to stop as mentioned.

You used to be able to park on the rugby club car park but that was many moons ago, don’t know about now though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mutley:
You used to be able to park on the rugby club car park but that was many moons ago, don’t know about now though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That might be the football club it was up some hill past a supermarket. long long time ago since i stopped there so apologies if its changed (truro city football club8)?!

robroy:
Depends which direction you are going after tipped mate, but I usually park at Roche 13 miles away.
Not the services (although you can get a free shower there) but the ind est about a mile towards Victoria on the old road.

thats where i always park when down there, nice and quiet and free

robroy:

you’re not one of those that park on the bottom corner are you? I may or may not work a million miles away, it’s a ballache when there’s a load of trucks parked there and you meet an oncoming big one, especially when the fergusons lot drop a bunch of trailers there.

Radar19:
Going to be finishing in Truro tomorrow, can’t see many places to park. Lots of double yellows everywhere. Not going to have much time left either. Never been down that neck of the woods .

on the a390 just outside of truro heading towards tresillian/st austell is a decent laybay with a big bunch of trees between it and the road, should be quiet. in truro should get away with the bottom end of newham road down past tesco, just on from the scrap metal/cement yard, should also be a quiet spot.

The estate at victoria/roche is getting busier at night to park on in the evenings, wont be long and we’ll have to start waking drivers up so we can drive into our yard if they park much closer to the entrance.

Thanks lads. I got 7 drops starting in Chedworth tomorrow so busy day. Parked up now at Gloucester. I’ll keep an eye out on the way down.

neilg14:
Or, Smokey Joe’s on the side of the A30 at Blackwater, 15mins away from Truro.

£15 .00 includes shower, food and tea/coffee.

nurglets:

robroy:

you’re not one of those that park on the bottom corner are you? I may or may not work a million miles away, it’s a ballache when there’s a load of trucks parked there and you meet an oncoming big one, especially when the fergusons lot drop a bunch of trailers there.

I usually park by the cafe and car sales place if I can, …it’s a shorter walk to the pub. :smiley:

There’s a small, but free lorry park in Redruth town centre.

Pretty sure Truro City Football club car park is still HGV friendly, on the main road through/into truro on the A390

masetheace:
Pretty sure Truro City Football club car park is still HGV friendly, on the main road through/into truro on the A390

yes it is il be there tomorrow night