Parking in ramsgate

off to ramsgate tonight to tip tomorrow, dont have the address yet so i cant google earth it, but i wondered as i’ve never been to ramsgate what its like for parking? safe? double yellas all over? cheers

i wouldn’t like to dishearten you, but a few years back i parked on the 253 at the 299 end, when i woke up my unit and trailer were covered in graffiti. true story that :open_mouth: don’t know what its like now. personally i worry about ■■■■■’s in that area too although i have no proof. i would probably try to park on the a299 near the m2 somewhere and leave myself an hour to run in in the morning. hopefully someone more local will give you better info

edit
ok then travellers. is that acceptable mr auto censor?

graffitti? i was found myself a little industrial area in bristol to park whilst i visited an old school mate, when i got out there was graffitti everywhere - fortunately when i got back none had found its way onto my truck, but i wouldnt put it past anyone to do that.
i might just run my four and a half out then, i wont need a full days card tomorrow so no real need to get there tonight other than i can. :slight_smile:

Type in ‘‘■■■■■■ Keeley of Ramsgate’’ into google that will give you your nightly chug. She has a bit of a dug kinda face though.

Quite a few lay bys on the Thanet Way, other than that it’ll be an industrial estate, Ramsgate used to be good for parking but they’ve clamped down on it in recent years.

It was always bad for trucks[never wanted].In the 90s I used to ship in/out of Ramsgate but then you could park on the dock but at w/ends the locals used to protest about trucks.Anyway enough of my wittering if I was you[as prev posted]park an hour away and run in in the morning.By the way are the docks still working?
regards dave.

dafdave:
By the way are the docks still working?
regards dave.

There’s a half-arsed ferry to Ostend, only ever used by eastern Europeans, operated by a company called Transeuropa, and it uses the old Sally Sky/ Viking II, European Endeavour and the Pride of Calais.

merc0447:
Type in ‘‘■■■■■■ Keeley of Ramsgate’’ into google that will give you your nightly chug. She has a bit of a dug kinda face though.

Eeeek!! its Ho mater :open_mouth:

merc0447:

WTF■■?

That’s my wife! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i hate layby’s… and i’m in one! about 20something miles away - the a299 is closed for some night works i presume so got diverted off at whitstable i think as there was no real warning, anyway, binned it in a layby somewhere on the diversion, just to top off my not so great satifaction with my parking arrangements i’ve just stood in dog ■■■■ after putting my container lock on :imp:

by Harry Monk » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:24 pm

dafdave wrote:
regards dave.

There’s a half-arsed ferry to Ostend, only ever used by eastern Europeans, operated by a company called Transeuropa, and it uses the old Sally Sky/ Viking II, European Endeavour and the Pride of Calais.

you’re kidding !! The last time I saw that was in Tilbury dock with the Pride of Dover and they looked FUBAR , I presumed they were destined for RN target practice :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

just investigated keeley, bit steep at 180 an hour lol

sixaxles:
just investigated keeley, bit steep at 180 an hour lol

I know, I only pay £150 an hour. Still cheaper than marriage though. :wink:

Seems to be plenty of Bulgarian units parked up around Ramsgate, mind you every day Radio Kent traffic news reports delays at Transeuropa due to “operational” reasons!

I always managed to find a quiet spot round the back of Manston airport, Invicta Way always had space.

Harry Monk:

dafdave:
regards dave.

Thanks for the info harry.
regards dave.

Had’nt been to Ramsgate in years, in the last two weeks have been there times did’nt know about new access to the ferry always was the hard right into Military Rd (btw not going on the ferry delivering stone)