Parking charges

We came over to England for a holiday and fell foul of one of these rip off merchants. Locks Bottom near Bromley (Kent) I parked not seeing a notice or a machine to pay. Got back to Oz and Hertz (we rented the car from them) forwarded the notice to us and charged us £43.00 for the privilege! The company is euro car parks. I tried to get on pepipoo but it seems the site is down. Does anyone know where I stand with these ratbags?

Which car park in Locks Bottom did you use ?

You entered into a contract with the car hire company and in the terms would be a clause that you are liable for any parking charges or fines and that you would pay any such charges.

So you have entered a contract with the car hire company and they will charge you for any charges they receive whilst you have loaned the vehicle.

Edit I re read it and you say they sent the notice to you and charged you £43 quid for the privilege. Normally hire companies will take the payment to cover such fines from your credit or debit card and just pay them. Or at least it’s said that on most hire contracts I’ve had in the past unless things how now changed.

As for the parking company I doubt there is much they can do, are they going to spend the time and effort chasing you half way round the world? Maybe, maybe not.?

Pepipoo has gone now, for that kind of advice try Free Traffic Legal Advice - Index (ftla.uk) Many of the old Pepipoo posters are on there.

Between Lidl and The Black Horse.

In the customer car park between the two places ?
The link image is from July 2023, if you move towards Lidl a couple of clicks, it changes to 2021 and if you click ‘see more dates’ there are Parking signs visible back to 2016

I’m a little bit late to this, but have a look at https://www.fightyourparkingticket.co.uk/
and on FB Redirecting... the guy who runs it as an ex parking company employee who know how to beat the system

Thanks Dav1d. I admit to not seeing the signs. Just not looking for them.

Thanks Peirre, I’ve posted on “Free traffic legal advice” but haven’t heard anything back yet. I’ll have a look at your link.

Edited to say that they only deal with cases with registered owners of vehicles.