Parking around Newquay?

Got a 9am tip in Truro on Monday so loading up and setting off Sunday morning. Can you park around Fistral Beach in Newquay with an artic? I’m sure I’ve heard of a car park where trucks can park in at night but I’m not certain.
Or is there a decent spot in Truro I can park, preferably near the town for pubs and takeaways?

There’s smokey joes at Scorrier if that’s any good?

and don’t forget about the road works on A30 between Launceston and Bodmin 40mph ave speed and camera

Newquay is a bit out the way for Truro what about Asda car park in St.Austell you’ll probably be getting there near closing time, not sure that there is any pubs near by though but i think there’s some kind of pizza place near.

Thinking about try Asda Newquay it’s very convenient for pubs, take aways and the beach, it can be reasonably lively on Sunday nights .

you used to be able to park in truro football clubs car park

The new services at Roche… free,clean showers and 2 min walk to pub in village…

gray_nw:

+1 unless you really want to be beside the seaside. Plus the A39 down into Truro is closed (or at least always seems to be when I go by on a Sunday evening).

gray_nw:

That’s good to know

£15.00 to park there. :frowning:

M G B:

Bugger that then

my son lives down that way and is 90% sure you can park at football club. best bet is prob smokie joes which is only about 10 miles out

no where really to park in newquay in a truck, asda car park is patrolled, morrisons has a height barrier. tourists parking everywhere in the summer have made the council clamp down on all the decent spots. I wouldn’t recommend parking on pentire headland, it’ll be a ■■■■■ to turn round. newquay is too far really, 20-25 mins to truro, and the traffic can be a pain.

services at roche recently started charging, but just round the corner at the victoria business park, where vospers garage/wyndham depot is a big loop, a lot of trucks park there and leave trailers. always room too and closer to the village pub or travel lodge pub just over the road. the road is one big loop so no turning round at all. about 20 mins down the a30 to truro.

99% you can park at truro city football club but have a vague memory of charges/prices on a board outside. not a lot of other options in truro itself, a lot of double yellows everywhere. where are you dropping off?

nurglets:
no where really to park in newquay in a truck, asda car park is patrolled, morrisons has a height barrier. tourists parking everywhere in the summer have made the council clamp down on all the decent spots. I wouldn’t recommend parking on pentire headland, it’ll be a ■■■■■ to turn round. newquay is too far really, 20-25 mins to truro, and the traffic can be a pain.

services at roche recently started charging, but just round the corner at the victoria business park, where vospers garage/wyndham depot is a big loop, a lot of trucks park there and leave trailers. always room too and closer to the village pub or travel lodge pub just over the road. the road is one big loop so no turning round at all. about 20 mins down the a30 to truro.

99% you can park at truro city football club but have a vague memory of charges/prices on a board outside. not a lot of other options in truro itself, a lot of double yellows everywhere. where are you dropping off?

Tipping at Healeys cider farm in Penhallow at 9am.

Anyone know what the threemilestone ind est in Truro is like for parking? Just checked on the hgvparking.com and that came up with decent review. Trouble is on that site sometimes you can’t always trust it.

Tower Rd in Newquay. There is a large car park (entrance on left as you go up the hill towards the coast) that has spaces for HGVs. Not sure if you’re supposed to pay, but I’ve parked there several times with no problems.

M G B:

Bugger… theyve just started that then… back to the estate behind St Merryn foods then…

Threemilestone ind est is covered in double yellows and it will get very busy around 8am Monday morning, in fact the single carriageway part of the a30 that leads to Chiverton Cross roundabout and the a3075 that takes you to healeys will be extremely busy and slow between 8-9am. (make sure you enter Healeys from the a3075 only! It is well signposted but it is up a narrow lane, coming in from the a30 side (not signposted) is not a good idea in an artic).

Best bet is Smokey Joes just off the a30 at scorrier (the next juntion after chiverton cross roundabout - 15 mins from healeys) there is also a couple pubs within walking distance of the café.

Or Victoria Business Park near the new services at roche as others have said, there is a pub next to the Travelodge.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Tipping at Healeys cider farm in Penhallow at 9am.

Don’t forget some spare cash for the shop, gorgeous stuff from there…Oh and the tractor ride :laughing:

There is also a few laybys on the old a30 at blackwater (between smokey joes café scorrier and chiverton cross roundabout) should you want free parking. The pubs and café are still within walking distance (10 mins or so)and you have the services just off the roundabout too, although I don’t think hgv parking is available in the actual services as it is quite small.

Got parked up in Tregunnel Hill car park in Newquay. Like has been said its free parking from November through to March and I’m in the Walkabout having a couple of ales watching the football and contemplating what to get takeaway wise :laughing:
Glad ive got 52 pallets of glass on grossing 22 tonne as they have forcast 80mph winds down here from later on tonight and it’s blowing a right gale now :blush: