Parking and breakfast near Swansea?

Going to Swansea on Sunday afternoon. Setting off from Edinburgh at around 1pm. Boss wants me at Swansea to tip on Monday morning. I assume Lymm truckstop will be open for evening meals and a shower - just right timing for 4.5hr break - at 5.30pm. This means I should arrive at Swansea around 9 or 10pm (in 7.5 tonner, so nearer 9. :slight_smile: )
The question is does anyone know where I can park around Swansea so as I can get a good nights sleep and not pay a fortune - ie not an MSA on the M4?
Also, breakfast before I go into Swansea - or after I’ve tipped before I get back on the M4? My delivery address is by the University - for those in the know :wink:

loads of b&bs on gowerton road

Park in Moto Services, they don’t bother you in my experience. Especially on a Sunday night!!

hitch:
loads of b&bs on gowerton road

No thanks, I’ve got a sleeper cab. :wink:

There are or were a few good truck parks in Swansea and it’s a great night out at Witherspoons if you like a beer :stuck_out_tongue:

Pat Hasler:
There are or were a few good truck parks in Swansea

Figured there would be somewhere. I just don’t know where they are. Hence the question. :confused: Don’t want to have to park in the street and get hassle off the locals like in Nottingham last week when I ran out of driving time looking for somewhere to park.

Out of interet, where did you park in Nottingham?

if you come off at jnc 47 (i think) its the one with swansea services and head towards swansea.

you then come to a island ,turn left at the island and up to a set of traffic lights just after the lights you will see dunhelm curtains store.

you can park in front of there and its free and pubs and shops avalible near by.most days of the week there are trucks parked there.

thats the only place i’ve seen trucks overnight

jon

TheBigOne:
Out of interet, where did you park in Nottingham?

I deliver plants to the council nursery at Woodthorpe Park on a regular basis. They shut the car park gates at 7pm. I arrived at 10 past to find em locked (was gonna park up in there). After a wee tour of the area, with driving time running, out I parked on a side street off Woodthorpe Avenue as a last resort. The reason I got grief was I nudged a telegraph pole when reversing into the street , which knocked out the phone line from some posh bloke’s house!! :blush:

OOOooops. I’ve nicknamed one of our guys Roadkill. He zipped round a corner out in the sticks the other day and had four chickens. I told him I can see the vultures following him around to pick up the carrion he leaves all over the place :laughing: . I was thinking you were in the middle St Annes or somewhere when you said you got grief :smiley: .