Pallet delivery drivers and timed drops

Has anybody ever had a “run in” with one of these lorry drivers that say they have 3 million timed deliveries on pallets and because you will block them in for 5 mins while you unload because they were unloading when you arrived hence blocking you from getting any further so you parked infront to unload yours and for the 5 mins i held him up jesus, i had to google some of those words that came out his mouth, it was like his world was about to end. I hope he got a puncture at the next drop.

Swear if he’d had a H&K MP5K slung around his shoulder he would of full autoed me there and then :exclamation: :exclamation:

But 5 mins, its not the end of the world? surely even for you pallet people??

he didnt even ask if i could move, he just told me to. that was what wound me up :exclamation: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Cruise Control:
he didnt even ask if i could move, he just told me to.

That would have resulted in me being there for about an hour before moving.

Silly git: What goes round comes round. I would have taken my time too and let the bugger fume.

BTW I do timed pallet deliveries a lot - most times it doesn’t matter a jot when you actually arrive - you just enter the expected time on the notes and everyone’s happy :slight_smile:

Happened to me today. The yard for the store is quite tight as another shop shares the yard plus the usual skips, bins etc positioned right next to the gate to make them easy to empty i suppose :unamused: .

One artic already in there occupying about 90% of the available space as he clearly couldn’t be bother to spin it round and park it straight like every other driver does there. I arrived and blocked the skips and stayed as close to the fence as possible so he could get out if he needed. I only had one cage to drop off so knew I wouldn’t be long. Another artic turned up for the store I was delivering to and moaned at the other driver before blocking us both in. Fair enough he did say to me he only had 2 pallets and did I mind. Today on overtime rate, I would of waited alot longer :laughing: but I said it’s fine I’ll shuffle some paperwork while he carries on. Then about 4 transits turn up blasting the horns and shouting “can you move so we can get in” bearing in mind the forkie was unloading the trailer :unamused: jesus give the guy time and he’ll be on his way. Some people just have no patience at all and live in the me, me, me world.

Depends who they work for i guess, some companies offer a money back guarantee and if they are anything like the company i work for a late delivery means a disiplinary to find out why you were late. Do it too many times and you find yourself out of a job.

mouthing off to me means a definate starting problem 15/20 mins at least ■■?

nickyboy:
Depends who they work for i guess, some companies offer a money back guarantee and if they are anything like the company i work for a late delivery means a disiplinary to find out why you were late. Do it too many times and you find yourself out of a job.

If that’s the way they run things mate, they ain’t worth the steam off ya crap. Bumholes. :laughing:

nickyboy:

They obviously don’t live in the real world.

Do any management lol

i had it yesterday was dropping some safety fencing and crash barrier at a car park in Hertford, was using the hiab to tip myself

when mr ups in his brown van pulls up behind me starts blasting his horn and pointing to the offices in front of me and was wanting me to move so he could get to his drop after sitting there for ages he got out and had a good rant about how his 10am deadline for his package had now gone and he was now behind in his run,

I kindly offered to lift his van over the wagon to his drop :smiley: which didnt go down to well, neither did the bit of advice i gave him if he hadnt spent 5 minutes beeping and giving me the coffee bean salute he could of walked past me with his small box and wouldnt have been late :smiley:

yet today, same type of pallet deliver truck but the truck driver was really kind and helped me get my tail lift off the loading bay, the flaps had wedged themselves againt the bay and i couldnt move one of them, he could see from his cab i was struggling and i was, so he came over and asked if he could help and he operated the tail lift up down and the release catch on the tail lift while i free’d the tail lift flaps.

so if you were the guy driving the green rigid truck in hull city centre at 8am this morning about to unload round the back of express hol inn hull/sports direct/argos and you helped a guy with his tail lift then thankyou very much sir. :grimacing: :grimacing: