P O A. is it a double edged sword

So a break is when one eats.
And a P O A is where one doesn’t eat .
I’ve heard that before.

bubsy06:

The Sarge:

Ross v stobart:
It depends what you consider a rest or period of rest whilst available.
In the B Q example if you ask me time spent waiting to be tipped in a BQ goods yard is other work.
Unless you can do a bit of shopping or go for a piza at the local hut.

But if you like spending rests in BQ car park and awaiting tip at any moment well thats for the individual to decide.

POA ISN’T [zb] REST! there is no requirement to be able to go shopping, go eat, or have a [zb]. That is what BREAK is for, Jeez :unamused:

Calm down, calm down :laughing: :laughing:

Thats my line thanks :smiley: :smiley:

Mike-C:

bubsy06:

The Sarge:

Ross v stobart:
It depends what you consider a rest or period of rest whilst available.
In the B Q example if you ask me time spent waiting to be tipped in a BQ goods yard is other work.
Unless you can do a bit of shopping or go for a piza at the local hut.

But if you like spending rests in BQ car park and awaiting tip at any moment well thats for the individual to decide.

POA ISN’T [zb] REST! there is no requirement to be able to go shopping, go eat, or have a [zb]. That is what BREAK is for, Jeez :unamused:

Calm down, calm down :laughing: :laughing:

Thats my line thanks :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

P O A is a period when the driver can freely dispose of his time.
The driver must be allowed if requested to leave site(workstation)
If its not practical to leave the workstations due to having to keep your place in a queue or similar then its most likely work.Hanging around for a few minutes or long waits at a R D C is other work even though your not driving.
On call and Standby.

Ross v stobart:
If its not practical to leave the workstations due to having to keep your place in a queue or similar then its most likely work.Hanging around for a few minutes or long waits at a R D C is other work even though your not driving.
On call and Standby.

Also, the period of availability (and its duration) must be known to the mobile worker in advance, either before his/her departure or prior to the start of the period.

Ross v stobart:

No its not. Thats daily/weekly rest.

Ross v stobart:

Where does the ‘if requested’ come into it?

Ross v stobart:

I’d agree.

Ross v stobart:
On call and Standby.

You just threw that bit in random eh ? :smiley:

The if requested comes in if the driver wants to spend some of the period of availabilty away from the workstation.
The points are to assist the driver in feeling better and working more safely and attentively.
By being free to leave the workstation environment the worker could maybe have a walk and exercise.
If they want.
This doesnt count as working time buy it may be impractical.

I’ve now calmed down (I had a choc-ice :wink: )
But I must point out (calmly) that you are now making ■■■■ up - where in the regulations does it state that you must be allowed to go for a walk, if you request it??

Ross v stobart:
The if requested comes in if the driver wants

POA is nothing to do with what a driver wants.

Ross v stobart:
The if requested comes in if the driver wants to spend some of the period of availabilty away from the workstation.
The points are to assist the driver in feeling better and working more safely and attentively.
By being free to leave the workstation environment the worker could maybe have a walk and exercise.
If they want.
This doesnt count as working time buy it may be impractical.

Now you are just making it up randomly

P O A is time when the driver doesn’t have to remain at the workstation.
The cab or the depot or any of its subsidiary premises.
places of business.
If you go to deliver a container and have to wait hours whilst others unload it,then your free to leave your phone number and leave the workstations.
Thats a P O A and if your in Oldham you can go for a walk and a nice curry.
Mind you dont go to far,You must be realistic and reasonable.
It depends if its practicle.

If your duty requires you remain at the workstation then most likely thats other work.

Ross v stobart:
places of business.
If you go to deliver a container and have to wait hours whilst others unload it,then your free to leave your phone number and leave the workstations.
Thats a P O A and if your in Oldham you can go for a walk and a nice curry.
Mind you dont go to far,You must be realistic and reasonable.
It depends if its practicle.

Only if you know how many hours the others will take, or how long the curry will take to prepare and eat. If it qualifies for POA it will qualify for break.

Stop adding words that are not there and you will be halfway to understanding the gist of the thing

I dont know the jist of it,but it makes a really good fiddle.

Ross v stobart:
places of business.

No its not. I’m probably being pedantic but POA is a time/period when on duty that you are not working/driving or on a break and you are available to be recalled to your workstation to resume your normal duties. Not having to remain at the workstation is a condition, not a prerequisite.

Mike-C:

Ross v stobart:

No its not. I’m probably being pedantic but POA is a time/period when on duty that you are not working/driving or on a break and you are available to be recalled to your workstation to resume your normal duties. Not having to remain at the workstation is a condition, not a prerequisite.

Bugger me, Mike! A sensible reply :open_mouth: You better knock that on the head - at once! :wink: