Overtaking before roadworks

So i am travelling to scotland on m6 overtake a truck slowly then move back to lane one infront. When roadworks signs ahead say 50mph, why cant the truck now behind stick to 50 ( no speed cameras) rather than go to their limit and overtake me then shortly after i have to repeat process of overtaking. pfft :cry:

Does overtaking bother you? Do you find it difficult? What is the problem here…you overtook him and then slowed down, then after he overtook you because you had slowed down, you overtook him again once you accelerated back to your original speed. And the issue is■■?

Some right fannies about isn’t there. I got overtaken so I’ll cry about it. Get a ■■■■■■■ grip.

whats it like to be overtake :open_mouth: :laughing:

So you overtook him and then immediately slowed down?

You don’t mention in your post what you were driving, but as what you did is the typical behaviour of an OAP female car driver, we’ll assume it was a Kia Picanto or a Suzuki Swift.

Contraflow:
So you overtook him and then immediately slowed down?

You don’t mention in your post what you were driving, but as what you did is the typical behaviour of an OAP female car driver, we’ll assume it was a Kia Picanto or a Suzuki Swift.

Micra!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I did similar last week. Difference was I waited till after the approaching roadworks to start my overtake.

CraigM:
I did similar last week. Difference was I waited till after the approaching roadworks to start my overtake.

I’d have done the same to be honest. To some people speed limits only apply when there are speed cameras about :unamused:

:imp:

happysack:
Some right fannies about isn’t there. I got overtaken so I’ll cry about it. Get a [zb] grip.

:imp: spot ■■■■■■ on mate

trk78:
So i am travelling to scotland on m6 overtake a truck slowly then move back to lane one infront. When roadworks signs ahead say 50mph, why cant the truck now behind stick to 50 ( no speed cameras) rather than go to their limit and overtake me then shortly after i have to repeat process of overtaking. pfft :cry:

So to translate, you overtook a truck. Arrived upon road works. Slowed down.

Ok, fair enough until now.

He then overtakes.

Ok, he wants to go faster than 50. That’s his look out. You take issue of course.

But! Then you whine on that you “have to” repeat the process. Er, why■■?

I thought it bothered you he wasn’t sticking to 50? So why do you “have to” then overtake, braking the speed limit you seem clearly/rightly bothered about, only to pull in again ad slow down again I presume as you mention repeating the process. Is it the fact a lorry refuses to stay behind you and you will break the speed limit to keep the lorry in check?

Overtaking before roadworks? Bear in mind overtaking before hills. Let’s say you are driving with cruise control set at 50 mph and suddenly someone (not really intelligent :slight_smile: ) faster with 56 mph on the clock and heavier than you - is overtaking you just before hill and he or she cannot climb with constant speed because of weight and not enough engine power. Then you have to make a maneuver and comes to that moment you are being overtaken by he or she because of kinetic energy. Bravo :exclamation:

Dashcam…quick call the police