OUTBACK TRUCKERS

Watching Episode 2 last night, the older guy Steven Grahame or something like that, runs into the Northern Territories out of Perth, whinging about his fuel consumption 1 litre per Km, I thought now thats proper old school fuel consumption :laughing:

I thought we had problems in this country as drivers but after watching outback truckers I would not do steve grahames job,that is total stress

How much does derv cost in Oz ?
No good moaning about it,pass the cost onto the customer.

1 litre/km is 2.8 mpg, rounded to 1d.p. If you want a bit more accuracy, it’s 2.84125 mpg.
So he’s not doing too bad IMO, especially as it’s £0.95 a litre…

4.15 $A for a gallon of Diesel … 1.57 $A per litre , £3.98 per UK Gallon or about 88p per litre, so why are we the dumb asses paying £6.09 per gallon …

Cos we’re greedier than most. Or the taxman is, at least…

Sumsmeister:
1 litre/km is 7.3 mpg, rounded to 1d.p. If you want a bit more accuracy, it’s 7.2736 mpg.

1 litre / km is 1.6 litres to the mile. 4.5 litres to the gallon (ish), so just under 3mpg. Roughly £1.50 per mile on diesel!

scaniason:

Sumsmeister:
1 litre/km is 7.3 mpg, rounded to 1d.p. If you want a bit more accuracy, it’s 7.2736 mpg.

1 litre / km is 1.6 litres to the mile. 4.5 litres to the gallon (ish), so just under 3mpg. Roughly £1.50 per mile on diesel!

Didn’t get the edit done in time, soz. Multiplied instead of dividing by 1.6. :unamused: :confused:
Should have just gone here -
thecalculatorsite.com/conver … mption.php
Still better than a Stalwart at a mile a gallon. Roughly. That from a bloke I’ve seen in Wickham Square on Boxing Day.

I suppose it’s still not too bad from a knackered engine pulling that load through swampy roads (assuming it’s the episode I’m thinking about). Nice to know my mental ariffmatic still works ok!

Isn’t he hauling somat like 150t on his road train?

scaniason:

Sumsmeister:

Be interesting to know how much he is getting paid per mile/km.