Opps.

Just as well red beck got him,as he’d never have managed ackworth.

This was a common event on the Duston to Crick road many years ago. One night on Swifts I was heading to Stroud in Gloucesterhire and an agency guy asked me the best route ? “Right at the top of the road, second left on Sandy lane, left gain, then first right, follow to the A45 and the M1 etc etc” … “DON’T MISS THE LEFT TURN BECAUSE THERE’S A LOW BRIDGE” I waited for ages at Stroud and eventually called Duston to ask what had happened to him ?
“He hit the bridge at Althorpe” came the reply, a brand new 15’6" tautliner made diamond shaped, I was told the driver just ran away LOL.

biggriffin:

That would have made him even more ‘special’ given the electronic overheight warning board and the clearly marked detour route!

biggriffin:

I actually duck down in my seat when I go under the Ackworth one! :blush:

the maoster:

biggriffin:

I actually duck down in my seat when I go under the Ackworth one! :blush:

Haven’t tried ackworth with our new trailers, ackworth being 13,9 our new trailers are 4.09,. So might be close. :confused:

Ackworth is 13.9 iirc. At my previous job our trailers were 13.9, sometimes the marker board flashed but sometimes it didn’t so considering the detour only takes a few minutes I used to play safe and go round.

bradthinks:

Reef:
That’s a left ■■■■■■, aren’t all EU trailers supposed to be 4.0m high? That bridge is signed up as 4.2m :confused:

It looks like Needhams from Ireland, probably with a Dfds trailer so could of been any hight.

No “looks like” bradthinks,it is Needham from Ireland.Near Mullingar.Does a lot of Lidl/Aldi work here in Ireland,and some cross channel stuff too.
I`ll pass 3/4 of his yokes on the road tonight,lights missing,100kph,bits hanging off.
Full of the joys of Eastern promise!
Not an ounce of sympathy for him.

Just heard the donny to wakefield road, A638 is closed at ackworth again while they wrestle a truck out from under the bridge. [emoji57]
Yep another highly qualified professional truck driver has failed to see the big flashing board warning him he’s overheight and should take the short detour route by the sounds of it [emoji30]

skipman:

Rob K:
The Redbeck claims another victim !! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

If only the brdge was well marked both sides and had ample warning on road signs from all possible directions. Oh wait… :unamused:

/s

Another here,different bridge same result.
rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/n … _26948.htm

That’s a green meanee on the front of that Tesco box.

A quote from the article,

YET another dozy driver has come a cropper after misjudging a low railway bridge.

I see Dozy gets a mention and definitely a job well done.

bradthinks:

Reef:
That’s a left ■■■■■■, aren’t all EU trailers supposed to be 4.0m high? That bridge is signed up as 4.2m :confused:

It looks like Needhams from Ireland, probably with a Dfds trailer so could of been any hight.

Most, if not all fridge trailers are below 4.2m and the only ones which I can recall not being are double deckers.

Sensible driver though…at least he has his bed while he awaits a recovery… :smiley: :smiley: