oooooooopppppppsssssss!!!!

Lorry raid on campaign launch day
About 150 colour televisions have been stolen from a lorry on the day a police force launched a campaign to highlight the vulnerability of these vehicles.

ironic really :open_mouth: :wink:

click here to read more

jon

The cynic in me would see a correlation to the amount of regular theft of high value electrical goods on this estate & the fact that the security (management) of NYK (or whatever they are called this week) refusing to let drivers park secuely on site at night.

The thieves seem very er… lucky when hi-jacking/curtain slashing on that estate!

bloody big van to put 150 teles in.

jon

i’ve seen that lorry drivers beware trailer in layby’s on the a14 and once in the homebase car park at peterborough where the sign on the entrance warns that there are no lorries allowed.

what i can’t understand is why the police haven’t researched the areas where crime is committed against trucks, used the evidence to establish which companies vehicles travel in those areas and give the companies drivers a telephone number either cheap rate or 0800 to call when or if they see something suspicious.
if i drove past a layby and saw a van in it loading up at stupid o clock in the morning i would be on the blower straight away but i’m more likely to be the poor driver waking up to a hole in the curtains etc. as i am usually to be found in my bed at stupid o clock in the morning, alex lester is just a rumour - the radio finishes at midnight and then starts again at 05.00 when my alarm clock goes off.

We were the first depot to operate one of these trailers, and according to the local police, they have seen a reduction in lorry crime in the county since we started leaving it in laybys.

Trouble is that the list of locations where Cambs Constabulary need it parking in is massive - we need about a dozen of them really.

It highlights what a sad time we are living in. That you cannot stop overnight anywhere for fear of being robbed is a grim thought. :cry:

johnny:
if i drove past a layby and saw a van in it loading up at stupid o clock in the morning i would be on the blower straight away

i did that on the A22 a few months ago. i contacted both the local police and truckpol to report suspicious activity and i had pictures for them to look at but i never got a reply from either :unamused: