Ooh shiny buttons

What do these buttons do??

never ever used them but was tempted to press them while driving down the motorway but the first one i had a vision in my mind of the clamps automatically releasing and the box being ejected in an upwards direction and landing on the M11 :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

the second one, im guessing you press it and you transform into a plane, a propellar comes out the front of the truck or something so you take off just before you hit a traffic jam:?: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

cheers

CC

one of the left is for checking for illegals when at calais,

and the 2nd one is the timer for the bomb when you do find illegals

one on the left is for auto tipping, when warehouse forget about you.
one on the right is turbo boost, only to be used when late for the boat.

No. The one on the left lowers the whole wagon to 25mm of the ground, give better high speed stability & grip in the bends. Your not allowed to go less than 25mm, because there is a wooden plank fitted to the underside of the truck, & if this gets worn by the road surface you get a C&U violation from VOSA.

The right hand one distorts time so you can complete 8 hour journeys in 4. AKA as a tacho fiddler device. :wink:

I learnt all the above on a CPC course!

Secretelephant:
I learnt all the above on a CPC course!

is that the course limeyphil was offering to do, to teach fellow truck drivers? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no the one on the left is for the gangster rapper pimp car bouncing suspension for when you get a groove on :smiley:

Cruise Control:
What do these buttons do??

never ever used them but was tempted to press them while driving down the motorway but the first one i had a vision in my mind of the clamps automatically releasing and the box being ejected in an upwards direction and landing on the M11 :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

the second one, im guessing you press it and you transform into a plane, a propellar comes out the front of the truck or something so you take off just before you hit a traffic jam:?: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

cheers

CC

I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure the first one auto levels your suspension back to normal ride height, but I say ‘I may be wrong’ because the ones I’ve seen have always been a momentary position button instead of a rocker switch like that one is. :confused: The second one is something to do with the cruise control I think, but on the trucks I had with it on, pressing it didn’t do anything useful so I never bothered with it after that.

The left one is to keep your air suspension active when the keys are out of the ignition. And i believe the right one is a white smoke limiter for cold starts.

left one is for levitation an right one is to wind the engine up at start of shift :wink:

right one is to set revs when idling, for using pto, building air up, warming engine up etc ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Lycanthrope:
right one is to set revs when idling, for using pto, building air up, warming engine up etc ? :stuck_out_tongue:

What he said i think!

MR VAIN:

Lycanthrope:

What he said i think!

I’m with you Rob, I was going to say it’s the thing that sets a lower speed than maximum so that it won’t exceed that speed no matter what you do with the throttle, bremsomat or some German word is the technical term I believe, but the symbol looks a bit like an old choke symbol so an idling rev limiter setting thingy is probably right :wink:

BTW what motor is it, those are nasty switches, looks like a 1980s Iveco :blush:

Switch on the right looks like the speed limiter switch on mine, with the switch on use the cruse control stick to set speed and it won’t exceed it - handy for long 30’s

Have a look in all the little hidey holes which you normally keep the spiders in and see if you still have a manual for it.

The one on the right definately looks like “fast idle” for warm up.

(the same as pulling the left stalk back on an Actros).

AF1:
The left one is to keep your air suspension active when the keys are out of the ignition.

Lycanthrope:

These two suggestions look right to me.

I preferred some of the other suggestions though :sunglasses:

Oh, it’s simple. It’s all pictured on button in question: it makes your lorry moving up and down, like the arrows are indicating. It’s like this:

Don’t press them, you will wear them out, replacement switches cost money :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought it was about PC Shiny Buttons again. :smiley: