Onwards & upwards!

Well, fingers crossed but I seem to have landed a permanent job :open_mouth: !!!
Have been doing agency work since mid December , mainly class 2 but can’t grumble as I did only pass my class 1 in November but it was the foot in the door I needed. Have been sending my CV off to every haulage company in a 50 mile radius & out of the blue a small local company contacted me .
Had an assessment drive today ( which involved driving the cab without a trailer :astonished: ) needless to say that went well :laughing: , so start on Monday driving class 1 !!!

Well done

well done, good luck

well done . do you no what youll be delivering ?

New year & new job-Good luck & happy trucking :smiley: :smiley:

Well done - good way to start the new year

great news and a great start to the new year :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

easy peasy then? nice one and all the best :slight_smile:

great news,shows doing the legwork does pay in the end,keep us posted :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: cheers,carl

well done and happy trucking new year :laughing: :laughing:

Well, still employed :smiley:

The hours are not great, kinda expected that as I get paid a flat day rate no matter how many hours I work :unamused:

Monday, up at 2.30am, first run was from Dewsbury to Livingston & back.(only 2 drops )Just made it with 10 hours drive time, 15 hour day.
Tuesday - Up at 4.30am , Dewsbury to Tewksbury & back , 10 hour day.
Wednesday - asked to do a two man run in a 7.5 T…, Southhamton, Portsmouth , Cambridge we didn’t manage all our drops ( bed deliveries ) as the shops were shut after 5 !
Long day, up at 2.30am & didn’t get back til 9.30pm, I suppose that technically half my time is rest as we split the driving , the wagon never stopped !
Today, I’m back to Tewksbury but drop isn’t til 3pm so I’m hoping for another 10 hour day…

Is this what I should expect for a newbie…■■?

It’s all good experience Karen and a better job will come along at some point if you give it time - just remember despite the rumours of a ‘driver shortage,’ there are many eperienced drivers without work! Good luck and well done for securing your first class one role. :smiley: