Omega Park Warrington

Hi everyone, been a while since I last came here, hope you’re all well!

Just wondering if any of you have any info about driving jobs at Omega Park in Warrington?

Hermes, Brakes, Asda and Travis Perkins all have massive new warehouses being built on the site.

Just spoken to Travis Perkins and they say they will open the new warehouse around the end of November start of December. Hoping they will have some decent paying driving jobs.

Does anybody know when the new Asda warehouse will open? Also, does anybody know if they will take on new drivers or will they be brought in from other depots like Dallam Lane?

Looks like a nice site to be honest.

I think that Hermes are still taking on, either full time or on agency through Igloo. BUT from what I hear, you wouldn’t want to work there as the boss is a major tool. Check some of the posts on here.

Doc Hollyday:
I think that Hermes are still taking on, either full time or on agency through Igloo. BUT from what I hear, you wouldn’t want to work there as the boss is a major tool. Check some of the posts on here.

Whats the major tools name m8 :question:

A mate who used to work there told me his name is Mike Spence, formerly of Mike Spence Transport.

Worked with him 20 years ago for T Brady & son at the Ellesmere Port yard. He was a good bloke, sounds like he’s changed a bit

Is Mike Spence the tall chap from the Appleton Thorne depot. Also at Appleton was an ‘army’ depot manager can’t remember his name but he was a tool.

Mikes about 6’6

Yes he was tall. I never had much to do with him apart from giving him my notice 3 weeks after depot opened :grimacing:

Hermes do seem to advertise a lot for drivers , I went for an induction never got around to the assessment stage as it was just that bit too far for me to travel every day , they did seem keen on getting drivers , if this Traffic Manager is a tool though as some say on here well that’s why they are not keeping drivers , trouble is with some of these so called managers is they never learn and make rods for their own backs , managers ■■? some are as thick as the proverbial pig ■■■■, treat people like ■■■■ and they will return the favour !!! .

Thanks guys, appreciate your comments. Igloo have rung me and left a message to ring them back. I am just a little concerned that although they say it’s a permanent job, they may decide to let me go in January when the Christmas rush is over. @VOLSCADAF Did you find out what the pay was while you were there?

WHARTY:
Thanks guys, appreciate your comments. Igloo have rung me and left a message to ring them back. I am just a little concerned that although they say it’s a permanent job, they may decide to let me go in January when the Christmas rush is over. @VOLSCADAF Did you find out what the pay was while you were there?

Yes mate it was £ 10.30p an hour cant remember if it was any extra at weekends , if you check the indeed jobs website the advert was on for drivers yesterday ( Oct. 13th).

When I was getting interviewed they could get it across enough that after 6 months it would be a proper perm contract. However I have heard rumours that it never can true.

Hi all new to here, I work with asda at skelmersdale, the news about the new depot at burton wood is that it’s been postponed until 2016 as there’s a new automation system being installed which is causing a few problems but I reckon it be late 2015, asda will not be taken outsiders as wigan and Warrington are combining as both shutting except for wigan which will become white goods meaning multi drop to customers in 7.5 vehicles so they may take on about 2016, even us at skelmersdale are not getting a look in at this new depot as we do a run from here then will go in to do a run from there, and I’ve not heard any pros regarding hermes, just trying to find out about travis as might change depends on pay and condition…if I hear of anything I let u know

Is there any agency work to be had at the Skem depot?

I went for the induction at Hermes. They said the rate was £10.30 all hours on PAYE

Big Roy:
Is there any agency work to be had at the Skem depot?[/

Asda uses a in house agency, any agency drivers have to go through a asda assessment then inductions then green carded this can take about a month to go through this process currently they have all the agency to cover the work from there this is the same process at Warrington dept, they have just taken on some agency drivers full time, but this could change in 2015 as we are voting for the 10 hour rule to come back in so may be redundancies, as some work might go to Rochdale but this is run by wincanton who have trouble keeping there staff due to wages, if anything comes up I let u know