Old tipper trailers

This body was built by my Father on a 20’ Merriworth chassis. It had a scow end to tip into the hopper. It was built specifically to run burnt sand to go on roof tiles from Marley Tiles at Riverhead to their Beenham factory.

Punchy Dan:
0 A Wilcox body on what looks like a seadyke chassis

Hi dan I loaded that Meeks trailer loads of times in the abbey with coke I used to load 4 a day I would weigh in first trailer then give the other numbers to Tony’s on the bridge so weighed one in and 4 out using first tare

Lawrence Dunbar:

smallcoal:

Punchy Dan:

Hi dan I loaded that Meeks trailer loads of times in the abbey with coke I used to load 4 a day I would weigh in first trailer then give the other numbers to Tony’s on the bridge so weighed one in and 4 out using first tare

Hiya John ,when Meeks sold the tipper fleet waters bought some of the trailers including the 2 tandem semi lows with ramps ,one has a chassis with the diamond cut outs and a mesh floor and front winch I borrowed it once to fetch a fire engine from Aberdeen the other has a timber floor ,I’d guess Meeks bought them new ?

A few pics of tippers some are courtesy of Ron and Chris ,s Flickr page illtyd used to run flats which turned into tippers

Punchy Dan:

smallcoal:

Punchy Dan:

Hiya John ,when Meeks sold the tipper fleet waters bought some of the trailers including the 2 tandem semi lows with ramps ,one has a chassis with the diamond cut outs and a mesh floor and front winch I borrowed it once to fetch a fire engine from Aberdeen the other has a timber floor ,I’d guess Meeks bought them new ?

Hi dan Meeks had a depot in Newport and port talbot steelworks running Coke from morfa to the blast we had day cabs with tandem steel box tippers 4 on each shift 15 loads each we had to do 3 shifts 6till 2 2 till 10 then 10 till 6 7 days a week the road trailers were pretty low on the ground

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Looks a light weight combination Larry .

Punchy Dan:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Looks a light weight combination Larry .

Aye Dan 21.500. Tonnes, But even better when hooked up to the S36 22.100.Tonnes, It was fairley new when we bought it IIRC, Brinksway Motors
LtdStockport, Regards Larry.

22 tonne payload .

Lawrence Dunbar:

Had you been on the whiskey Larry ?

Punchy Dan:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Had you been on the whiskey Larry ?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:, This Foden is my cousins, Regards Larry.

Punchy Dan:

smallcoal:

Punchy Dan:
A Wilcox body on what looks like a seadyke chassis

This pic is from bubble mans page in a topic on here it says about the Wilcox body on a seadyke trailer chassis I hope you don’t me borrowing it cheers John

image.jpeg

The Tamplin self powered tipping body was quite popular:

download/file.php?id=31834&mode=view

nyk473l:
This body was built by my Father on a 20’ Merriworth chassis. It had a scow end to tip into the hopper. It was built specifically to run burnt sand to go on roof tiles from Marley Tiles at Riverhead to their Beenham factory.

Is that a crossbrase near the front ?

a great combination ,Wilcox ,seadyke may be with under slung springs ? Although looking at the gap perhaps on air ?And may be a E290 Big cam ?