Old tipper trailers

Punchy Dan:
Going by how close the runners are in that floor Dennis that’s no standard body ? Someone specd that build ?

Your quite correct Dan’l in your observation ! It was a Malc Woodhouse Snr. spec’d trailer and was a Peak chassis fitted with a Milmoor body it was Malcs standard spec at that time then the next ones were Fruehauf chassis with Craven Tasker (Garstang built) body and we went onto single ram Edbro gear. We carried a lot of pig iron and scrap which was hard on the bodies but Malc was an accomplished engineer and he had perfected his own spec over the years which the tipper manufactures built to his exacting design. Cheers Dennis.

pete smith:

Punchy Dan:
0A late 70s crane freuhauf which originally was a tandem and had a Aluminuim U shape on ,seen here with a steel body on by I think Stag bodies from the potteries ?

Hi Dan,
What was that little crane for, lift the spare wheel up and down?

It was for the spare wheel for the loading shovel we had based at Stoke incinerator for coopers ,loading the bales to go to cmp at Ilkeston .

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:
Going by how close the runners are in that floor Dennis that’s no standard body ? Someone specd that build ?

Your quite correct Dan’l in your observation ! It was a Malc Woodhouse Snr. spec’d trailer and was a Peak chassis fitted with a Milmoor body it was Malcs standard spec at that time then the next ones were Fruehauf chassis with Craven Tasker (Garstang built) body and we went onto single ram Edbro gear. We carried a lot of pig iron and scrap which was hard on the bodies but Malc was an accomplished engineer and he had perfected his own spec over the years which the tipper manufactures built to his exacting design. Cheers Dennis.

Milmoor were at tean staffs ,they built a new chassis-less body on my uncles new D1000 in 1970 which could of been one of the first ? Colin ford worked there and later left and set up on his own , I belive his son is now Ford & Kidd body builders in Buxton .

tiptop495:
Hey, a mid sixties tipper with a payload of 25.3 ton.

Eric,

In the uk a trailer of that length and yr would probably have been 25 ton gross .

Is that Tims trailer Sam ? Task ,tasker or craven tasker ?

We had Cravens-Tasker bodies at Tilcon, on rigids though, and they gave no problems apart from small subframe cracks which were easily welded or plated. I wonder if they are still at Woodville?

Pete.

Punchy Dan:

pete smith:

Punchy Dan:
A late 70s crane freuhauf which originally was a tandem and had a Aluminuim U shape on ,seen here with a steel body on by I think Stag bodies from the potteries ?

Hi Dan,
What was that little crane for, lift the spare wheel up and down?

It was for the spare wheel for the loading shovel we had based at Stoke incinerator for coopers ,loading the bales to go to cmp at Ilkeston .

cf

image.jpeg
image.jpeganother ’ in house ’ fabrication

[attachment=1]image.jpeg[/attachment Swadlincote Aluminuim again

image.jpeg A Wilcox body on what looks like a seadyke chassis

A Wilcox bites the dust

Don Bur , that cut away looks awful .

Punchy Dan:
Is that Tims trailer Sam ? Task ,tasker or craven tasker ?

It was Roger Arderns. Stumpy bought it. I bet he’s not got it any more. Roger had 2 of them. The other was a bit lower sides than that one.

A new Wilcox , a cf chassis ?

a pair of CF 's

A CF chassis but who’s body ?

image.jpeg

Punchy Dan:
I thought Wilcox bought seadyke but where did Steve castle fit in ? And why did York finish ? Is it coincidence that the above all had very similar design/ profiles ?

Wilcox were the first successful welded aluminium bodies developed in the late 1950’s at Peterborough by the welding and engineering company E.M.Wilcox Ltd, whose roots went right back to the early 1900’s.

Seadyke were initially building riveted body designs at Wisbech, and were taken over by the Wilcox Group.

Stevecastle was literally a random trading name bought by the Wilcox family, and was used by them to produce really high quality bespoke welded aluminium bodies when they moved to Oundle in the 1970’s. They were produced until 1995.

ERF:

Punchy Dan:
I thought Wilcox bought seadyke but where did Steve castle fit in ? And why did York finish ? Is it coincidence that the above all had very similar design/ profiles ?

Wilcox were the first successful welded aluminium bodies developed in the late 1950’s at Peterborough by the welding and engineering company E.M.Wilcox Ltd, whose roots went right back to the early 1900’s.

Seadyke were initially building riveted body designs at Wisbech, and were taken over by the Wilcox Group.

Stevecastle was literally a random trading name bought by the Wilcox family, and was used by them to produce really high quality bespoke welded aluminium bodies when they moved to Oundle in the 1970’s. They were produced until 1995.

Thank you ,that explains why they were all such good quality similar builds .