NVQ 2 in driving good vehicles

Transporting goods by road nvq level 2
Driving goods vehicles nvq level 2

Has anyone got these qualifications from city and guilds ?

Are they needed? or will this increase employment opportunities?

Any information on this topic would be great many thanks :slight_smile:

Vernon1987:
will this increase employment opportunities?

NO

Vernon1987:
Are they needed?

NO

Vernon1987:
Has anyone got these qualifications from city and guilds ?

A few on here have

I think most of the free Govt funding dried up for this

I have never heard of an employer asking a driver about it when applying for a job

Employers tend to ask about the important things to them such as experience, digicard, DQC, points on licence etc

I got level 2 Driving Goods Vehicles and Level 2 Plant Operator through an agency i was working for. They just dropped on the doormat one day, apparently id filled a folder out for the driving nvq and hiab course counted for the operator nvq.

Never been asked for them, never seen an advert for a job insisting you must have them and would never have paid to do them.

I wouldn’t drive anything but a good vehicle! Volvo or MAN at least :wink:

Brilliant response guys thanks alot always count on TruckNet :smiley:

was thinking doing my HIAB as i have ADR already and just wanted to incease employment, what kind of HIAB course should i go for … eg brick grab, remote control, just not sure about this HIAB thing ?

Vernon1987:
was thinking doing my HIAB as i have ADR already and just wanted to incease employment, what kind of HIAB course should i go for … eg brick grab, remote control, just not sure about this HIAB thing ?

ideally you want one that’ll cover it all, more importantly you want the remote course, it’ll save you having to upgrade it later

Vernon1987:
what kind of HIAB course should i go for … eg brick grab, remote control, just not sure about this HIAB thing ?

For ease of use these days, go for Remote Control if you can rather than just the manual/sticks. Also MAKE SURE you get the Brick Grab if you want to be doing builders merchants and the like. This time of year they are desperate for them!

Saratoga:

Vernon1987:
what kind of HIAB course should i go for … eg brick grab, remote control, just not sure about this HIAB thing ?

For ease of use these days, go for Remote Control if you can rather than just the manual/sticks. Also MAKE SURE you get the Brick Grab if you want to be doing builders merchants and the like. This time of year they are desperate for them!

What ticket is mostly recognised on sites these days like what should i get ie RTITB, CPCS, ITSSAR ?

I´ve got the new QCF level 2, which is what they appear to be calling the NVQ these days. I´ve got to disagree with ROB, if an employer is looking at two potential employees who are otherwise totally equal, then they will pick the one with the extra qualification, won´t they? If it is offered to you then take it. My motto is take every chance to get to make yourself more saleable to an employer, even if only by a little bit.

Biscuits:
I´ve got the new QCF level 2, which is what they appear to be calling the NVQ these days. I´ve got to disagree with ROB, if an employer is looking at two potential employees who are otherwise totally equal, then they will pick the one with the extra qualification, won´t they? If it is offered to you then take it. My motto is take every chance to get to make yourself more saleable to an employer, even if only by a little bit.

In this day and age you might have a valid point there :smiley: