Now here is a public advert

this should be broadcast on tv to the general public instead of the drink drive campaign,im sure that the majority of the driving public would see what we have to do and maybe show a bit more courtesy when out on the road… :grimacing:

Good vodeo, but I doubt most driver would take a blind bit of notice, after all they all perfect and it’s truck drivers who are the problem getting in their way and increasing their journey times by 10 seconds.

Get that on tv now!

I was genuinely impressed by quite how well this was put together.

Perhaps we could at least persuade a channel like .current to give it some airplay but i do agree with you that this is worthy of being broadcast on television.

Good video but people don’t care and wouldn’t give a toss about HGV drivers problems, they don’t in the Uk and over here they deffinately don’t.

Agreed Pat,

People are only interested in their day, not yours. Shame really, was good informative video but if you work in an office…

Pat Hasler:
Good video but people don’t care and wouldn’t give a toss about HGV drivers problems,

^^

Car/van drivers don’t care…they want to get to their destination asap and all the public information films in the world will never ever change that. So this PIF is a complete and utter waste of time and money.

BTW, won’t someone think of the cones?

WTF Was that Jockplod saying? Can someone post this in The Queens please? :wink:

Can’t somebody think of the poor road cones? !! :open_mouth:

Good video !
Well put together , should be Part off car test ! With questions ask as part of the test so they HAVE to learn

bigvern1:
Can’t somebody think of the poor road cones? !! :open_mouth:

I think they were special stunt cones, :laughing:

muckles:
I think they were special stunt cones, :laughing:

Special WHAT stones?!! :wink: :laughing:

god that womans voice is annoying…

that was good
now post a link on your Facebook page

I will second that, sounds daft but why not a sit in the driver seat of a lgv to see what we see.

Pretty informative, but not a lot of detail. Dont get me wrong anything which highlights the day to day problems drivers of LGV/HGV/PSV vehicles encounter is a good thing but why oh why is it not put out to a wider spectrum of the public, schools and as stated part of the car test. This is obviously of concern or Strathclydes finest wouldnt be involved so if it is a problem why is there not more being done about raising public awareness of Truck and Bus issues and of course the police taking more notice on our roads and issuing penalties for say cutting in, not giving room to manouvre etc…The only way Joe and Joanne public will ever learn is to hit them in the pockets…How many times have you straddled 2 lanes on approach to a roundabout only to have a car/van cross the white line into oncoming traffic and pass you or try to sit alongside you, I have on numerous occasions had this done to me and on 2 occasions had the police come towards me with said car in their carriageway, do they turn around and have a word with the plonker…No

I thought it was a good step in the right direction.

I have tried for the last couple of years to get Oldham Council to support a road safety initiative involving taking trucks to local schools and giving kids the opportunity to see what a driver can and can’t see. Sit in the cab - do a few experiments about what they can and can’t see in the mirrors etc. Try to instill some sort of understanding regarding blind spots, where not to stand, cycling etc but from a HGV drivers’ perspective.

I was willing to provide a suitable unit and trailer plus driver free of charge if the Council funded the literature and maybe a video etc.

never got anywhere - Oldham Council said it would apparently be a health & safety issue :confused: And the local Police were too busy. I even tried VOSA but - not interested.

This kind of education is important and school is the place to start (as well as maybe finding a few potential drivers).

Stuff like this should be part of the National Curriculum in schools.

Not just HGV awareness but the whole road safety and driver education thing as in the States.

Every pupils final year at school should have at least one lesson per week on Driver education resulting in an exam at the end of the year that gives everyone a chance to obtain their Theory test pass.

The theory exam could be more extensive and include more in depth road craft situations.

I may start an e-petition about this later if I get time to work out the wording

Informative video for the non HGV driver.

Trouble is, none of them will give a toss about it, HGV drivers are the scum of the earth and a plague on our roads. Sooner they are off the roads the better. That’s as simple as they see it.

The amount of numpties that keep driving behind me when I’m trying to back onto a loading dock in a shop is unreal.

People don’t give a monkies and never will.

Wondered if it would be possible to put a link or the actual video on my local town’s website, as I think this video demands maximum exposure.