Nottingham bus firm( middle east work

No Harry & Dave I couldn,t get a lift till 13.00 from Bagdad Bill, met a driver outside with a woolie hat, he said are you a driver, I said yes, Carlsberg & Brs, was on middle east with Overland, I said meet Bagdad Bill he was also, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: and he is 80, he said blimey I did not expect to meet drivers as old as you two. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I said lets go inside not many vehicles here, :cry: :cry: :cry: I will buy the teas and sandwiches, we had two dippy eggā€™s, the other driver said you Brs always had your ropes & sheeting so uniformed. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I only retired ayear ago. I took my laptop and showed some photoā€™s of Carlsberg motors, and got a couple of commentā€™s, which I replied we might be lucky, but I was earning wages higher than they are get now! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and this was in the 80ā€™s, the two wrecker drivers said it was a good job.

Norman Ingram:
No Harry & Dave I couldn,t get a lift till 13.00 from Bagdad Bill, met a driver outside with a woolie hat, he said are you a driver, I said yes, Carlsberg & Brs, was on middle east with Overland, I said meet Bagdad Bill he was also, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: and he is 80, he said blimey I did not expect to meet drivers as old as you two. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I said lets go inside not many vehicles here, :cry: :cry: :cry: I will buy the teas and sandwiches, we had two dippy eggā€™s, the other driver said you Brs always had your ropes & sheeting so uniformed. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I only retired ayear ago. I took my laptop and showed some photoā€™s of Carlsberg motors, and got a couple of commentā€™s, which I replied we might be lucky, but I was earning wages higher than they are get now! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and this was in the 80ā€™s, the two wrecker drivers said it was a good job.

Did you see the wagons around the back of the cafe Norm ?
Cheers Dave.

Yes Dave, there was about 3/4, we followed the RAF recovery up the A5. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Norman Ingram:
Yes Dave, there was about 3/4, we followed the RAF recovery up the A5. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

There was eight around there earlier Norm,a couple left as we were going from there.Gaydon isnā€™t far from you,that is well worth going to for the vintage and classic show.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

Norman Ingram:

There was eight around there earlier Norm,a couple left as we were going from there.Gaydon isnā€™t far from you,that is well worth going to for the vintage and classic show.
Cheers Dave.

Dave If you mean Gayton , it is near Rothersthorpe village and a spit away from the services, about 8miles from my home. Yesterday I was sitting in my living room watching two robins building a nest in honey suckle I planted several years ago next to my drainpipe, the kept picking up leaves and twigs and landing on my birdbath that needs painting, :blush: :blush: :blush: and I thought Harry was popping down to do it! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: But I will do it myself this weekend, if it not raining. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: In the back garden a great ā– ā– ā–  male is making a nest in a bird box I put up, then he gets a female to look at it, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: and if it is ok she lays her eggs. My point is at least the robin is sharp enough to get his partner to help. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Norman Ingram:

Dave the Renegade:

Norman Ingram:

Cheers Dave.

Dave If you mean Gayton , it is near Rothersthorpe village and a spit away from the services, about 8miles from my home. Yesterday I was sitting in my living room watching two robins building a nest in honey suckle I planted several years ago next to my drainpipe, the kept picking up leaves and twigs and landing on my birdbath that needs painting, :blush: :blush: :blush: and I thought Harry was popping down to do it! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: But I will do it myself this weekend, if it not raining. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: In the back garden a great ā– ā– ā–  male is making a nest in a bird box I put up, then he gets a female to look at it, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: and if it is ok she lays her eggs. My point is at least the robin is sharp enough to get his partner to help. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

These birds and animals ainā€™t daft Norm.I thought I saw a swallow a couple of days ago its the time of year when they arrive back.Marvellous how little birds can fly and find their way from Africa back over here,they havenā€™t got atlas or sat navs.They are sharper than us. :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

Norman Ingram:

Dave the Renegade:

Norman Ingram:

Cheers Dave.

These birds and animals ainā€™t daft Norm.I thought I saw a swallow a couple of days ago its the time of year when they arrive back.Marvellous how little birds can fly and find their way from Africa back over here,they havenā€™t got atlas or sat navs.They are sharper than us. :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

hiya,
Tell you what Gents Iā€™ve known a few birds in my time and some of them
have been capable of taking a man to the cleaners, hardly ever works the
other way round though.
thanks harry, long retired.

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:

Norman Ingram:

Dave the Renegade:

Norman Ingram:

Cheers Dave.

Cheers Dave.

hiya,
Tell you what Gents Iā€™ve known a few birds in my time and some of them
have been capable of taking a man to the cleaners, hardly ever works the
other way round though.

I think you need to stop looking at the legs Harry and start looking at the feathered variety. :wink:
Cheers Dave.

Back to the robins, today they was up & down collecting, I was in my dressing gown, and I walked to my conservatory, and I see if the geat ā– ā– ā– ā–  was still working, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: when I see the same robin with brown fibreā€™s in itā€™s beak sitting on my railing of the wooden decking, it looked at me and flew down the side of my bungalow to the front, I went back to the front window, and the robin landed on the birdbath, itwas staring at me! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: It must have thought how the hell did he get here before me. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Later I found out where it was getting his brown material for their nest when I went in the Garden, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: They was nicking it from a flower basket I had empted and left the coconut matting inside, it had half of it missing, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: half of the birdā€™s in my area must be building their nest from it. So Harry you are not the only one that birds take advanage off! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Have you heard the cuckoo yet Norm.I havenā€™t yet this year. Probably quite a few in certain parts of the country. :wink: :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:
Have you heard the cuckoo yet Norm.I havenā€™t yet this year. Probably quite a few in certain parts of the country. :wink: :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

hiya,
thereā€™s a pigeon thingy does a spot of perching on a leccy post outside my
house, it starts making a din about 6.30 am and itā€™s driving me cuckoo if
I still had my air rifle it would finish up in the pot, bloody birds.

Dave to be honest I havā€™nt heard a cuckoo for several years! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Harry coo coo coo. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: thats all I can say to you, please leave the dicky birds alone, you would make a noise if it was your mateing season! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Norman Ingram:
Dave to be honest I havā€™nt heard a cuckoo for several years! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Harry coo coo coo. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: thats all I can say to you, please leave the dicky birds alone, you would make a noise if it was your mateing season! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hiya,
Noisy things Norm, OK stuffed and cooked, and as far as Iā€™m concerned
humans donā€™t have a mating season, itā€™s any time, any place, anywhere,
but now alas itā€™s when she who must be obeyed says itā€™s mating season.

harry_gill:

Norman Ingram:

hiya,

Have heard them most years Norm,but not close to here.Usually hear them out in a layby when sat quiet.
I expect Harry is out catching some for breakfast as Iā€™m typing this. :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Norman Ingram:

hiya,

Have heard them most years Norm,but not close to here.Usually hear them out in a layby when sat quiet.
I expect Harry is out catching some for breakfast as Iā€™m typing this. :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

hiya,
No not Cuckooā€™s Dave but thereā€™s a bleedin Heron thatā€™s cleaned my next
door neighbourā€™s fish pond out over the last few weeks , it is a big bugger
Iā€™m determined to get it though Iā€™ll have to get myself a gun, just land my
friend and your breakfast.

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Norman Ingram:

hiya,

Cheers Dave.

hiya,

Isle of Man is overrun with Cuckoos this year,lots of 'em from around Morecambe that have migrated over the Irish Sea.

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Norman Ingram:

hiya,

Cheers Dave.

hiya,

Heronā€™s are a nasty vicious killer of anything in a garden pond or small birds Harry.Thereā€™s a brook at the bottom of the field in front of our bungalow.We see one go there regularly and one has cleared a garden pond in the village.Another bird that is creating havoc around these parts are Goshawks Which are killing a lot of birds and even taking chickens.Perhaps we should shift them all over to the I O M for Chris to deal with the Cuckooā€™s. :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:
hiya,

Heronā€™s are a nasty vicious killer of anything in a garden pond or small birds Harry.Thereā€™s a brook at the bottom of the field in front of our bungalow.We see one go there regularly and one has cleared a garden pond in the village.Another bird that is creating havoc around these parts are Goshawks Which are killing a lot of birds and even taking chickens.Perhaps we should shift them all over to the I O M for Chris to deal with the Cuckooā€™s. :laughing:
Cheers Dave.
[/quote]
Donā€™t send any Goshawks over here,weā€™ve plenty of raptors like Hen harriers,Sparrowhawks,Kestrels,Buzzards,Merlins etcā€¦
Surprised to hear Goshawks are in your area Dave,they used to be a very rare bird,a few couples in the Peak District where I lived usually taking Wood Pigeons. They will be protected like Kites in your area.

Chris Webb:

Dave the Renegade:
hiya,

Cheers Dave.

Donā€™t send any Goshawks over here
,weā€™ve plenty of raptors like Hen harriers,Sparrowhawks,Kestrels,Buzzards,Merlins etcā€¦
Surprised to hear Goshawks are in your area Dave,they used to be a very rare bird,a few couples in the Peak District where I lived usually taking Wood Pigeons. They will be protected like Kites in your area.
[/quote]
hiya,
Chris thereā€™s been a programme going on up way this to reinstate the Red Kite back
into the wild and I have heard it has been very successful they are breeding well and
are doing fine now that they are protected, and we do still have pockets of the red
squirrel knocking about not where I live but I do know where they are, the wood just
below my house is teeming with the grey variety must get an air rifle they arenā€™t
protected and would give me something to do, just bushy tailed tree rats, wonder
what they taste like, times is hard.

My god Harry :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: ,always knew you was a bird & animal lover, but you are not supposed to shoot and stuff them. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: But it must be a tribal custom, due to the fact in your youth, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: you stuff a few females in your time, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: but truely hope you never shot them! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: