Not to many nice one`s like this left now

There are a few more 143’s coming out of the woodwork - I’ve seen 3 immaculate and refettled examples in the last few weeks alone :slight_smile:

This was parked up at the Midway this morning & it sounded as nice as it looks.
Not bad for a motor over 10years old
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Now that looks very tidy indeed. Nice to see one looking “original” and not sporting Wembly-esque floodlights etc. It’s like being in a time warp :laughing:

It’s just a shame the photos don’t have sound :laughing: :wink:

There are still a few Irish Companies running tidy 450s. Heron have a couple of very tidy ones still earning a good living. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I am sure Karl will have a picture or 20

nice motor, dad always swore streanlines was one of the best trucks he has driven, pity it was for pdl though :laughing:

Aye, still plenty of them runnin about over here.

He needs to get some spots on the roof of that :laughing:

best shape they made :wink:

wirralpete:
nice motor, dad always swore streanlines was one of the best trucks he has driven, pity it was for pdl though :laughing:

No comment

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :wink:

best scania made probably, i do like them, and the irish boys know how to turn them out too

we have mnny of these and even 2 series kicking around over here and 2 or 3 million klms aren’t uncommon. they are very popular with the tipper boys.
nice looking truck btw

Thats a lovely set up, very nice indeed.

:laughing: i like that proper thing

I was talking to Simon in the chatroom last night and Im about to head back out after a spot of lunch but id gladly sell my 2001 144 topline if I could find a motor like that for sale, last of the true scanias, and still plenty earning a crust. But paying 15k plus vat for a motor of that age is ridiculous, ya can get magnums and premiums and even cf dafs for that money further up the years. LOL Simon suggested we put a ruddy great R series V8 into a 3 series and be done with it, anyone know if its been done?

Well got 5 mins left before my second Dublin of the day, so gonna have a quick look at some excellent photos.

BTW Karl is one of Herons Scanias now in Christy colours running from behind Scruttons?

Kev

globby 480:
best shape they made :wink:

Totaly agree , love that shape, never had the pleasure of actualy driving one , altho was 2nd man more that once , put a nice set of emminox stacks on it and its the best noise in the world !

Fallmonk:
Totaly agree , love that shape, never had the pleasure of actualy driving one , altho was 2nd man more that once , put a nice set of emminox stacks on it and its the best noise in the world !

A set of Eminox stacks on the back does indeed sound great, as it goes past. You don’t want to be the driver unless you’re already deaf. If your hearing is good, it won’t be by the end of a week tramping in a 143 with stacks. They are LOUD and the insulation on a 143 cab is pretty thin.

Simon:

Fallmonk:

A set of Eminox stacks on the back does indeed sound great, as it goes past. You don’t want to be the driver unless you’re already deaf. If your hearing is good, it won’t be by the end of a week tramping in a 143 with stacks. They are LOUD and the insulation on a 143 cab is pretty thin.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: very true Simon plus the arm and ankle get worn out from all that unnecessary down shifting and throttle blipping especially in tunnels :smiley: :wink:

montana man:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: very true Simon plus the arm and ankle get worn out from all that unnecessary down shifting and throttle blipping especially in tunnels :smiley: :wink:

There was nothing unnecessary about those down shifts or the throttle blipping :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

What did you say :question: :question: :smiley:

That’s one neat truck. :smiley:

best truck ever made i’d av 1 tomorow better than any r’series,fh,or ssc.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have a rather nice R580 now with all the toys.!!

Sold my beloved 143 over a year ago and whilst the cab is better to live in, i would swop back tomorrow!!!

Guess what came storming past me last week on Keele Bank on M6■■?

You guessed right, sound and power - unbeatable!!

Regards

Richard.

The Streamline cab is an all time favourite, an object lesson in Contemporary styling :sunglasses: