North west Croydon towards mitchum

Best route from m1 is surely round 25 but is it best up the 23 or is there a better way.
The time of it is not ideal, between half 7 and 9 therefore I guess anyway is crap. Done the 23 several times but just wandered if there is better options.

You could come off at J6 A22

Where are u tipping in Mitcham ? Elbrooks on Bond Road near the gasometer if it’s still
There ? It’s a few years since I’ve been there but I use to go in vier the A3 and across A298 and into Mitcham the back way the A236 I’ve not been in that way recently but have done jobs on Building sites going in vier the A3 of the M25 . The M25 can be abit congested round the A3 getting off the 25 but once your of the 25 u usually get a good run up A3 .

Greggo:
Where are u tipping in Mitcham ? Elbrooks on Bond Road near the gasometer if it’s still
There ? It’s a few years since I’ve been there but I use to go in vier the A3 and across A298 and into Mitcham the back way the A236 I’ve not been in that way recently but have done jobs on Building sites going in vier the A3 of the M25 . The M25 can be abit congested round the A3 getting off the 25 but once your of the 25 u usually get a good run up A3 .

I’m not actually tipping in mtchum I’m doing Damecha off the 236 towards mitchum from Croydon.

red7jase:

Greggo:

I’m not actually tipping in mtchum I’m doing Damecha off the 236 towards mitchum from Croydon.

Not done that one but it’s a few years since I’ve done that type of work though looks close to Carlsberg at Croydon .Just had a look on google maps the A23 looks best route on that but at the time u are going in it will be stop start all the way up the Purley way which chews your time up I know we struggled from our yard at Swadlincote when we had a job at new school South Norwood just south of Croydon last year with precast planks .

red7jase:

Greggo:

Oh lovely place, take a book.
As I said J6, up the A22 towards Croydon, through Kenley, up to the nightmare that they call Purley Cross (hog the lanes , you’re going straight on but its a nightmare of a junction ), follow the A23 signs towards Croydon. up over the hill past the old Croydon airport, over 5ways junction (you’re heading towards Thornton Heath/Crystal Palace/Streatham still on the A23) go past all the big shops, over the railway bridge by IKEA (big chimneys on your left) when you get to the roundabout t/l onto the A236 towards Mitcham

As an add on the entrance, which is easy to miss , will be on your left, they are behind Selco Builders just before you get to Mitcham Common, don’t panic, you can keep going for about 1-2 miles to a roundabout and come back on yourself.
First time I went there I actually stopped on the Mitcham Road and went to see where they were. Have a look at Google Map and you will see where they are

Hopefully you will see this before you set off.

Get off the M25 at J10 and head into London on the A3. Follow the A3 until you come up to the big B&Q on the left. Bear left and follow the A298 Bushy Road.

Do Not go over this bridge until 07.00 as it is not a free LBTS route but there is a side road just before the B&Q which will take you back out to the roundabout and past Halfords then over the bridge. It is commonly known as Shannon’s Corner.

Follow Bushy Road through the first set of lights, get into the right hand lane, past the David Lloyd Tennis Centre on the right and turn right at the lights. This is called Martins Way. Follow this to the one way system in Morden Town Centre and go through the lights, get into the middle lane then cross the next set and be in the right hand lane, turning right with the Iceland store and the Lidl on the right hand side of the lorry. To your left will be Morden Underground Station and the Bus Station.

This is Aberconway Road. Follow this to the lights and turn right into Morden Hall Road.
Follow this to the roundabout and take the first exit, then follow this all the way to the traffic lights at the end. You will pass a Volkswagen dealer on the right and Travis Perkins on the left before the lights. At the lights, turn left, if you can straddle both lanes, then do so as it is a tight left hander with a high kerb which is not forgiving.

Go along the bit of dual carriageway to the next lights. There will be a queue. If you want to beat it, get in the left hand lane, through the lights and round the one way system and back on yourself then turn left. There is a cricket green on the left with a pub on the right hand corner called The Burn Bullock. Go past the Police Station to the mini roundabout and bear left. Follow this to the end and turn right over the railway bridge. At the roundabout, take the exit to Croydon A236 which is now the Common. It is the first exit you can take as the first one that comes onto the roundabout is a No Entry. Go over the traffic lights in the middle of the Common and carry on to the BP Garage which comes up on the left. The entrance you want is on the right just past the garage.

This might seem a bit long winded but if you hit the Bridge at Shannons Corner at 07.00, then you will be where you want to be by about 07.40 at the latest.

You will also beat the whole of the A23 at Purley Cross plus the whole of the Purley Way, Five Ways Junction, Waddon Bridge and the roundabout at the Junction of the A23 and the A236.

I grew up round here and have driven artics down all of the roads I am directing you down. Still living round here for now.

Let me know if it works please. :slight_smile:

Over the bridge, off at junction 4 as long as it’s after 7. Follow down towards Bromley, turn left at Locksbottom lights onto the A232. Through Biggin Hill junction, down the steep hill and turn left at the roundabout towards New Addington. Over 2 roundabouts, right at 3rd (bp garage on r/a) up the hill and across tramway. Keep going on this road, under the A232, past fire station, past Reeves Corner, straight across the next roundabout and Dhamecha is on the left, turn in for zotafoam to access

Left late as load not ready. So came down the m40 to the 25. Currently resetting the clock at beconsfield before heading in. Thanks for input.

Is the M25 clockwise better the anti if I had come from m1?

Thanks for the essay Einstein. I may have to study a map and visualise it myself as I don’t want to reading truck net as I’m driving though south London :smiley:

red7jase, If you are at Beaconsfield at the moment, then try the route I have given you. It may seem long winded but in fact it will save you a bundle of time.

I live between the A3 and the A217 so I know what the traffic is like in this neck of the woods. Check Google traffic on the phone and away you go. If you go all the way to the A23 and in that way, it will take you about 30 minutes longer. The only bonus is that by now both routes should be fairly traffic free.

Have a good day. I am just off out of the door myself to work.

Just viewed the route. It’s looks fine. Will Deffo attempt it next I may even go out that way after the long wait here :open_mouth:

einstein:
Hopefully you will see this before you set off.

Get off the M25 at J10 and head into London on the A3. Follow the A3 until you come up to the big B&Q on the left. Bear left and follow the A298 Bushy Road.

Do Not go over this bridge until 07.00 as it is not a free LBTS route but there is a side road just before the B&Q which will take you back out to the roundabout and past Halfords then over the bridge. It is commonly known as Shannon’s Corner.

Follow Bushy Road through the first set of lights, get into the right hand lane, past the David Lloyd Tennis Centre on the right and turn right at the lights. This is called Martins Way. Follow this to the one way system in Morden Town Centre and go through the lights, get into the middle lane then cross the next set and be in the right hand lane, turning right with the Iceland store and the Lidl on the right hand side of the lorry. To your left will be Morden Underground Station and the Bus Station.

This is Aberconway Road. Follow this to the lights and turn right into Morden Hall Road.
Follow this to the roundabout and take the first exit, then follow this all the way to the traffic lights at the end. You will pass a Volkswagen dealer on the right and Travis Perkins on the left before the lights. At the lights, turn left, if you can straddle both lanes, then do so as it is a tight left hander with a high kerb which is not forgiving.

Go along the bit of dual carriageway to the next lights. There will be a queue. If you want to beat it, get in the left hand lane, through the lights and round the one way system and back on yourself then turn left. There is a cricket green on the left with a pub on the right hand corner called The Burn Bullock. Go past the Police Station to the mini roundabout and bear left. Follow this to the end and turn right over the railway bridge. At the roundabout, take the exit to Croydon A236 which is now the Common. It is the first exit you can take as the first one that comes onto the roundabout is a No Entry. Go over the traffic lights in the middle of the Common and carry on to the BP Garage which comes up on the left. The entrance you want is on the right just past the garage.

This might seem a bit long winded but if you hit the Bridge at Shannons Corner at 07.00, then you will be where you want to be by about 07.40 at the latest.

You will also beat the whole of the A23 at Purley Cross plus the whole of the Purley Way, Five Ways Junction, Waddon Bridge and the roundabout at the Junction of the A23 and the A236.

I grew up round here and have driven artics down all of the roads I am directing you down. Still living round here for now.

Let me know if it works please. :slight_smile:

+1 This is by far the best route, used to use it all the time when running from M4 way.