Normans cafe and quernhow cafe a1

NORMANS CAFE–QUERNHOW CAFE A1

REGULAR STOPS FOR N. E HAULIERS MANY CUPS OF TEA DRANK IN THOSE CAFES

marcus 22:

Normans was a good one, never really rated Queer Now, someone said they do the best toast :open_mouth: well it is hardly Gourmet Cuisine is it?

only stopped at quernhow once absolutely awful food never again is normans the one that burned down at worksop roundabout?

peterq5422:
only stopped at quernhow once absolutely awful food never again is normans the one that burned down at worksop roundabout?

that one was crap aswell

Quernhow used to be a good cafe before bryan sold it a few year ago, bryan had it for about 38 year i think, the place is just a dump now . normans was brotherton just beside ferrybridge and ponty.

the one that burned down at worksop roundabout was marios, he is the guy that bought the quernhow, he took the rats aswell

MARK

Do you remember it before Norman tookit over, used to be Ma Greens, dinner+ sweet + pint of tea for 2/6d, she used to give me an orange on the way out because i was a kid then. Normans son sat outside for weeks before he took it over checking the numbers. Was an old railway carriage in them days, but he built a new cafe & bunk house ( second hand sheds) the quality of the food also went down hill.
Used to be a hell of a job to get back on the A1 in them days before the bypass was built.

marcus 22:

I wonder how many wheels were lost in the car park and you always ended up parked at a giant puddle. Was great give joyce a five pound note and get five pound back in coins! :smiley:

i was the same transporterman, it was about 40year ago 1st time i went in with my dad, you knew you could go in their and their would always be someone you knew, as said in last post joyce would give you anything on menu if you were a bit short at end of week, old madge was a stunner aswell.

MARK

The querhow used to be a good cafe, but whe brian lye and his wife sold it to that manky T*at that had marios, it went rapidly down hill, a lot of lads just use the derry now.

MARK

marcus 22:
The querhow used to be a good cafe, but whe brian lye and his wife sold it to that manky T*at that had marios, it went rapidly down hill, a lot of lads just use the derry now.

MARK

Londonderry Lodge takes me back to the 60s. I think the food was cooked around then too. :stuck_out_tongue:

There is a good cafe thread marcus. it mentions the good cafes which are no longer with us, it makes a good read.

Aye some good reads their wheelnut, its getting harder to park anywhere these days mate and get a decent shower and a meal, even some of the ind est dont want trucks parking overnight, when running heavy haulage its even worse speciallyup the A1, most european countrys where not problem, when i was on european work but the uk is problem parking after 6pm these days.

cheers MARK