Noob on arctic 1st day

Would like to thank all the people in frightliner leeds roadways containers leeds and EWS europort at normington that helped me today on my 1st day as a class 1 container driver, and the 2 drivers that helped me reverse on to a bay at torque logistics leeds.

When i explained that it was my 1st day on containers and class1 in roadways leeds they asked a driver of a green sedon atkinson from a company at wakefield to show me the ropes proper character he was and id like to thank thim for the directions he gave me spot on.

Cant wait for tommorrow.

I had a Maritime Driver laughing his arse of at me struggling to get on a bay at Torque today. (day 5 of artic driving for me). Anyway a guy in a Freightliner Rig watched me in and gave me some tips. Really helped. Even better when Maritime chap had to go on bay next to me and he had 5 or 6 shunts and then ate humble pie and asked me to watch him in. I’m not a git though or a grudge holder so I did after making my feelings known in a nice way :smiley: . I really am amazed at the help other drivers are willing to give.

The freightliner guy didn’t have a scotish accent and a beard did he.
Could be the same guy.
Got to pick a new trailer up tommorrow as mine only takes 40’ containers and doesn’t close up but about 10 people’s told me how to do it.
Roll on tommorrow can’t wait.

This is my motor if anyone sees me give me a toot.

He did indeed Spectron. If I see you about (often on M62 corridor) I give you a wave.