No response to advert applications

Hello everyone.
My first post. Passed my class 1 hgv a month ago after passing my class 2 a month earlier. So no hgv experience. Applied to 15 adverts that say newly passed considered in the past three weeks in Birmingham and not a single response. Is this driver shortage real i wonder? Or is it because i’m 52 and considered a risk?

There is no driver shortage whatsoever just a shortage of decent jobs

advice would be get out their safety boots and hi viz in car go around local companies and ask to speak to the transport manager and make sure you have some copies of your cv just in case.

Most companies would prefer 52 to 22. Driving is one job where age can be an asset.

As said above, you need to go out and cold-call them.

Try RGF logistics, they might take you on

AKW Global Logistics looking for drivers. Or they are according to the internal ad in the office at my place.

No idea of the number but on the back of the trailers apparently if you text ‘DRIVERS’ to 82222 they’ll get back to you.

Sploom:
Try RGF logistics, they might take you on

^^^ I also heard they take on new passes.

Gregory Distribution in Minworth and DHL Minworth take on new drivers.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Any number on back of trailers, give a wide birth,usually high turnover, says it all really

Thank you all for your help. I will take your advice and personally go to the companies. Will let you know of the outcome.

Culina used to be good at taking on newbies so that’ll probably now be Great Bear at Wolverhampton I believe.

Just a thought, have you ever followed up on your sent job application? Sometimes it shows you are more keen than others who never bothered…Best of luck!

Get used to it .No shortage exhists they simply have to keep rates low by constantly advertising the shortage ,Over supply decreases demand hense low pay and dreadful long hours .It is not just the UK ,it is a world wide scam.

On the 82222 one, I would be careful as that seems to.be a premium reverse charge number, ie. you get charged for every text they send. Seems to be used by a lot of scammers, so prob agency.

Jack Richards are advertising on indeed for 50 drivers. If you do 5&6 they provide accommodation for your days off, help with air port transfers, so no need to go home.

Years ago used get a letter saying sorry was unsuccessful. But we will keep.your details…
These days they prob just scan a few applications. Or just pull some out of a hat and offer them am interview or even a job…
And I doubt they even bother to check references anymore to be honest.

Beetlejuice:
Get used to it .No shortage exhists they simply have to keep rates low by constantly advertising the shortage ,Over supply decreases demand hense low pay and dreadful long hours .It is not just the UK ,it is a world wide scam.

Correct answer.

Pick any prize off the top shelf :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:

Beetlejuice:

Correct answer.

:laughing:

It used to be ‘Apply in person’ but now they don’t want to see your ugly mug so it’s all done on-line that way they don’t have to say no to you just click the delete button. :cry: :open_mouth:

eagerbeaver:

Beetlejuice:

Correct answer.

But I can’t reach the top shelf and I havent attended the health and safety course on how to use ladders yet :cry: