No over night parking

Long story short

A simple hour tip turned into a a 5 hour slog

I had just about enough time to get out off site and parked up.

Found a good layby, seperated from main road, opposit sole fields on once side houses on the other.

Not blocking anyone, ample room, no weight restrictions, no white lines no nothing.

Went for a walk just to have s look around and upon returning to my vehicle I spotted a ‘no over night parking’ sign that’s dancing the wrong way, (hence why I didn’t see it as I pulled in) I’m now WAY over my hours. So can’t move legally.

What happens if someone comes along and try’s to get me to move? Do I have to?

Obvs I’ll explain my situation. But I really can’t be arsedyo deal with some busy body jobs worth giving me a load of stick for it.

What’s the coo?

What sign? I didn’t see the sign. Very sorry but it’s facing the wrong way, I’ll know not to park here again, but if you want me to move, you’ll have to ring the police

if it’s a rozzer that wants you too move then do a print out and get the rozzer to sign it

Remove the sign lol

To be fair mate maybe the residents of the houses are ■■■■■■ off with the many ignorant tossers amongst us who think it’s ok to tick over for 15 mins, or worse rev the balls off their motor in a morning . :smiling_imp:

If it was me and I was approached by one of them, I would just be polite and tell them you will be quiet in the morning.

I remember in Chester pre night heater days a guy knocked on the cab one evening when I had the engine and heater on trying to keep warm before I climbed in my sleeping bag at the time, asking if I would mind knocking it off as his kids were in bed…I did.
15 mins later he knocked on my (daycab :unamused: ) door with a mug of cocoa and a bowl of soup his wife had sent over for me.
Costs nothing to be polite to people. :bulb:

The only people that could make you move are the police and I doubt they would care. If they were bored enough to ask you to move then I’m sure they would be fine when you pointed out the fact you can’t see sign when pulling in. My guess is those signs are just “advisory” because residents don’t want you there.

Lloydie:
Remove the sign lol

Driver of a well known crane company carry a selection of sockets etc just for this :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

heard a black bin bag put over the sign works well… :unamused: and if asked a big boy must have done it and run away.

Well, what’s worse? Parking offence or hours offence? If it’s white text on a blue sign, then it’s going to be an advisory sign unless it’s a specific by-law, in which case that’s most likely a civil matter for the local authority.

As suggested, bag over the sign and duct tape it round or rip sign out and hurl it in the ditch, job done…

Park on top of it.

13 mm spanner is always handy.

I’ve seen plod this morning on the A1 south stopping in a couple of laybys and having a nosy around to old nothing was getting robbed I guess.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

happysack:

Not allowed to carry tools…H&s don’t ya know…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

daftvader:

happysack:

That would do my head in

happysack:

daftvader:

happysack:

That would do my head in

Is that why you carry a spanner?

Evil8Beezle:

happysack:

daftvader:

happysack:

That would do my head in

Is that why you carry a spanner?

No I’ve never met dozy